23

ⓣⓦⓞ ⓘⓢ ⓑⓔⓣⓣⓔⓡ

ⓣⓦⓞ ⓘⓢ ⓑⓔⓣⓣⓔⓡ

*extremely mature :)

"Ah, Hye-In's waking up!" Yona exclaimed excitedly although her face indicated a hint of worries over her health, Hye-In was in pretty bad shape when they found her. All of them had many questions in their heads since Hye-In was found quite far from the ship and how did she get hurt that badly anyway? The princess helped her up by supporting her forearm and back while Hye-In was still processing things in her head, the sun was too bright for her eyes but before she could say anything about it, a figure was kind enough to act as a shield for her.

"Oh Lord, I'm tired of constant faints." Hye-In winced. Her throat felt so itchy.

Hak stopped her from scratching. "Don't, you'll hurt yourself." His hand touched her bandaged neck and gently stroked it, trying to ease the itchiness at least for her. He was very worried when Yona asked him her whereabouts when Hye-In's supposed to be with her. Hak took a sit on the bed with her and pulled her body to lean on him, still rubbing the spots on her neck. He asked Yoon for a glass of water and sensing of what he truly meant after that, Yoon dragged Yona out of there to give them some privacy. Right, Yona was still clueless about their relationship.

Hye-In exhaled, letting all her tiredness be shown. The water did work a bit to soothe her throat. But for some reason she was suffocated at the same time. Her forehead rested on his collarbone. "I miss you, Hak." The guy only hummed in reply, their hands intertwined on his thigh. It had been two days since they found her but still, it was rare to see her express emotions like that and Hak could see she was troubled by something. Hye-In knew she's troubling him, even after she had promised him she would finish things without injury.

Being close to him at that moment truly helped her a lot to clear her head. The memories of night before still lived vividly in her brain but it was bearable now that Hak was finally there. Hak—she lost counts of how many times had she called his name internally at that moment, Hye-In knew he was her only reason to keep on fighting. But she was not always strong. She might break apart someday and she needed to have Hak with her. Hak might do not know how important he was to her but he really was. To her, Hak was her strength.

My lady.

"He found me, Hak." Her voice was small. And she kept repeating the sentence until she broke down crying. "He knows everything about me. He knows about us. He knows about Yona—He will come after me again and he might hurt you. I'm scared Hak. What if he harms you?" She's stammering on her words. "I shouldn't have been with you—now he's targeting you as well. I should have left, yes that's right. I should go now. If I stay away from you, he won't touch you—"

Hak held her body firmly. "Hye-In, slow down. Who's he?!" His eyes were fierce and angry. Hak was furious.

Hye-In cried, shaking her head. "Han-Jae! He found me. He touched me, Hak." Her hand automatically reached to her neck and now he understood it. The wounds on her neck were all coming from her but there was also a bruise on her skin and it's all because of him. He did that to Hye-In. She was having an attack again. Hye-In kicked everything nearby and Hak had to pin her down in order to stop her from injuring herself. Last night, no, ever since they found her, she had been experiencing random seizures and attacks all the time.