03

ⓣⓗⓔ ⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓⓢⓗⓔⓓ ⓑⓔⓖⓘⓝⓢ

"What is the meaning of this, Lord Soo-Won?" His pupils flared as Hak gave the latter a once-over after he disposed the royal guards who were harming the princess. His hand held the spear tightly in rage once he saw the young lord didn't do anything to help her and he just stood there, watching and observing as if he wanted it to happen. As if he wanted the princess to get killed.

"H-Hak?" The same princess who always looked pretty with her red hair and expensive clothes now only looked like an ordinary girl with her clothes were messy, wet and her face was dirty with mud all over her skin. The same Princess Yona who always prioritized how she looked before people was now crying and didn't even care about her getting dirty.

The General of the Wind Tribe swung his spear and kneeled down to help her up. "I'm sorry for leaving your side, Princess Yona." The princess put a hand over her mouth to hide her cries and desperately looked at her childhood friend, questioning his loyalty. Was he on her side or he was just the same? Hak softened his eyes, something he had never done to her since both of them had love and hate relationship.

"The King told me to protect you. No matter what happens, I will obey his orders."

"Withdraw, servant." A man with long black hair demanded as they were standing before King Soo-Won, the master of Hiryuu Castle, he said. Hak only raised an eyebrow and asked him what did he mean by that, trying to push away all of his thoughts about Soo-Won. He wanted his confirmation. He didn't want to admit the truth, yet, he should have seen it coming.

Hak hardened his eyes. "Lord Soo-Won, where is the Emperor II?" He sized his childhood friend up, holding a staring competition for a moment and Hak tried to look for any remorse or regret but he found none. Only two cold sea green bluish eyes glared back at him. Hak's jaw set and he didn't know anything else except he knew he wanted to beat crap out of him.

"I just sent him to hell."

Hak pierced the ground with his spear and kept his eyes on him. "Are you drunk? That's going too far even for a joke." He was denying it. After all, his childhood friend was someone who was really gentle and kind and now, he's saying he had killed the king with his own hand? Though, Soo-Won already admitted it, Hak couldn't find himself to believe it.

Soo-Won curled the corner of his lips, something he only showed to a certain silver haired girl, his other side. "You can ask Princess Yona. She confirmed it with her own eyes." A mocking laugh escaped his lips and Hak had it enough. The General dashed forward with his spear pointed at him and Soo-Won quickly blocked it with his sword, meeting his eyes with Hak's.

"Tell the truth!"

"I have no time to deceive you."

"Soo-Won! You're telling me you killed your king?" Hak pushed his sword in anger and swung his spear to his face. "You killed our kind king?" He gritted his teeth and Kye-Sook called out of for the lord worriedly. Soo-Won told him to stay back. If he got any closer, he'll lose his head. Hak was not someone who will lose in a battle. After all, he was the heart of Hiryuu Castle and one of the five generals.