07

ⓗⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓗⓔⓡⓢ

ⓗⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓗⓔⓡⓢ

"I have a request." Son Hak sipped his sake and looked at his grandfather with a determined face. "I need you to approve of Soo-Won's becoming the new king. Tomorrow morning, I'm leaving the Wind Clan. You can have the Son name back too. Think only of protecting the Wind Clan. Once you approve, the Fire Tribe should stop bothering you." Even if he ended up with a bounty on his head.

General Mundok lowered his cup and shook his head. Hak smirked. "Maybe I'll become Kouka's greatest villain." He was asked if he was leaving the princess and the other girl behind and Hak smiled bitterly. Yona was finally able to smile a little again and Hye-In looked like she was fitting in just right. He was glad he brought them there. Hak then bowed his head to the elder, asking for a favor.

He asked General Mundok to hide the princess and Hye-In from the castle and let them live their whole lives as members of the Wind Clan. General Mundok said a stern no, refusing to take request from his grandson but he won't be able to disobey his chief's order. The young man smiled a little and nodded. Those were the final orders of Son Hak, Chief of the Wind Tribe.

"Do you truly love her?"

Hak raised his head and clenched his fists all of the sudden. General Mundok asked him once again and Hak calmly nodded his head. "Tell me everything, boy." And he did. Hak told him about the first time they met and their relationship. He told him about Soo-Won's having the same feelings towards her at the same time. Hak told him everything and General Mundok did feel guilty for encouraging Soo-Won to pursue her.

He should have helped his grandson and yet, he was helping someone who would betray them at the end. And he was mad when he listened to how did Hak treat Hye-In after that. "You! Didn't I teach you not to make a girl cry? Come here! I will give you a thousand whips!" General Mundok pulled his ear and Hak screamed in pain, trying to escape from him. And Hak never failed to notice little tears in his eyes.

That might be their last time together.

∆∆∆

Tomorrow morning, Hye-In found herself staring at the medication in her hand. Han-Dae had gone to bring her that even in that condition of his and she was warmed inside. They all treated her like a family and Hye-In couldn't thank them enough. Her back was healing, thanked to her metabolism and the medication. She didn't want to admit but Hak's treatment from last night was certainly helping.

However, she could feel something was wrong with him. Last night, when he went to her room to apply the medication, his touch was different. It's like he was going far away from her. It's like the last soft kiss on her forehead back then. And Hye-In couldn't shake that feeling. The girl only sighed to herself and got ready for the new day, slipping on brand new clothes Hak specially got for her.