22

ⓘⓣ'ⓢ ⓗⓘⓜ

ⓘⓣ'ⓢ ⓗⓘⓜ

"Noona looks beautiful."

Hye-In looked down on her pastel green gown with a little bit ruffle at the bottom. Her appearance really gave out a soft personality as her hair was braided a bit above her right ear which Yoon had clipped it with a hair pin. "Not my usual look but thanks, bluebird." She smiled at the boy, totally oblivious to Hak glaring at Shin-Ah behind her. Not that the blue dragon himself noticed it. Hak had seen it all, how Shin-Ah purposely trying to get closer to her but just like he had promised Hye-In, he wouldn't do anything about it. But he can't deny that he was incredibly annoyed.

Meanwhile, the pirates were laughing at Yoon, mockingly cheering him for his plan to be Kumji's lover. But, Yoon looked really pretty with his hair all let out like that. Hye-In asked him if everything was prepared and her lips stiffled a laugh immediately once her eyes settled on Kija attempting to look like a lady as he was shoving apples in his dress. Even Aoi the squirrel was wearing a dress. Cute. As Hye-In was talking to Yoon, she felt something slithered inside her gown and Kija almost fainted when the tip of a snake's head suddenly appeared out of her sleeve.

"Yoon, take him with you. He shall not harm you and only protects you both. I can't guarantee if I'll be able to stay with you both all the time. We might be separated so trust him to keep you safe." The pure white like snow snake slithered to Yoon, fortunately the boy wasn't scared of her tiny friend unlike Kija. Yoon nodded his head, saying he will be all good however, his trembling body said otherwise. Hye-In turned to Hak, telling him to stay on alert and rescue the kids as soon as possible. "But be careful." Her hand touched his cheek. He better not had a single scratch on him.

Hak kissed her palm. "Say that to yourself, dummy."

Those three headed off to the stall where they will be pretending to find jobs and Hye-In could feel her anger began to boil as the man in charge was looking at Yona and Yoon from their heads to toes vulgarly. She didn't mind if it was directed to her but not those two. The man asked Hye-In if he had seen her before as her face was quite familiar to him and the naagin only smiled shyly. "You might have seen me at a courtesan house. I worked there before."

That caught his interest. He rubbed his chin with visible devilish look on his face. "Huh really? Then what makes you drop your job? Too many men to handle?"

Hye-In 'blushed'. "Uh, it's nothing like that. It's just, I have a lover now so I need to stop doing that."

"A lover? That's great." He then approached her and his face was too close to her ear. Hye-In raised a finger to Yoon and Yona to stop them from doing anything. The man in his forties sniffed her scent and she could feel his smirk on her neck. "I wonder if your new boy toy makes you feel good enough to make you stop being a slut at the courthouse?" He touched her waist and Hye-In looked away, acting bashful. He laughed to himself, probably feeling cocky over her reaction. He had asked Yoon and Yona to wait in a room ahead while he went to get the manager with Hye-In since she 'seemed' to have more experience in the job area.