The Masquerade

Jack meets the perfect guy at the school's masked ball who he can't help developing feelings for. There's just one problem; he has no idea who he is.

Warning: Sexual Content

"Remind me why we're doing this again?"
"Because Cassadee wants to go, and I am not doing this alone."

Jack frowned as he looked himself up and down in the mirror pulling his tie a little looser around his neck. "I feel like such a douche." He grumbled and Rian smirked. "Good, because you look like one too." Jack flipped him off as he chuckled softly.

"If you abandon me all evening to go off with Cas, I swear to god I will make you regret it," Jack warned as he ran a hand through his fluffy two-toned hair. "Will you relax? You know if you try you might actually have fun tonight." Jack rolled his eyes.
"Surrounded by all the dicks from school but in masks. Sounds amazing." Rian just shook his head as he finished tying his own tie.

"Come on." He said as he put on his mask. "We've got to pick Cas up."

Jack quickly realised how little effort people had put into this. Within three seconds of stepping through the door, he noticed all of three people with proper masks rather than cheap plastic things from the party shop.

Jack's own had been a gift from his gran from a holiday in Venice. It was hand designed and hand stitched. It even had a satin ribbon tie rather than a piece of elastic, it was probably considered to be girly, but Jack loved it.

Cassadee had hand-painted both her and Rian's to look like sugar skulls.

They grabbed a plastic cup of non-alcoholic punch each and convened in a corner chatting for a while.

Unfortunately for Jack, it wasn't long before Cassadee had dragged Rian off to dance, leaving him on his own. Exactly what he hadn't wanted to happen. Fucking great.

He had a brief conversation with Zack, but it wasn't long before he'd disappeared off to hang out with his more popular friends, once again leaving Jack alone in the corner like the sad loser he was.

He hadn't heard their approach over the music, but Jack was alerted to the fact he was no longer alone when a deep and slightly creepy voice whispered in his ear. "Do you want to play a game?"

Jack jumped a foot in the air before spinning around to face the laughing boy who he didn't recognise. "Oh my god, your face!" He cried as Jack scowled. "That was not funny!" He grinned brightly as Jack admired his mask.

It only covered the top half of his face stopping just above his lips, but he'd painted the skin so it blended in. He looked like the creepy dummy from the Saw movies only with caramel hair and bright hazel eyes.

"Cool mask." The boy grinned again at the comment.
"Thanks! I made it myself." Jack couldn't place his voice no matter how hard he tried. "Yours is really cool too." He added. Jack shrugged.
"My gran brought it back from her holiday in Venice."
"Oh cool, so it's a real Venetian?" Jack nodded, surprised that the boy even knew what that meant. "Cool."