Chemistry: Part 1

Alex has never believed in fate but when he meets Jack that changes. It's like he can't control himself around the handsome lad, like everything that happens between them is meant to be.

Warning: Sexual Content, Cheating

Sorry babe, gonna be a late night at the office. Good luck tonight xxx

Alex sighed as he read the text, it was always a late night at the office. He was struggling to remember the last time he'd seen Lisa let alone the last time she'd made it to a show.

Sure, when they were younger and the band was just starting out, she'd been to everyone, cheering them on every night. Now she was always too busy.

Alex understood she was trying to build a career, she was doing something she loved just like he was, but every day it was starting to feel less and less like a relationship. He was pretty sure there were people in long-distance relationships that saw each other more than they did.

He'd really been hoping she could have made it to tonight's gig too. It had been years since they'd played acoustically, and he was really damn nervous.

"You okay?" Zack asked, looking up from where he'd been tuning the guitar. "Yeah, just Lisa. She's stuck at work." The unspoken 'again' sat heavily between them. "Sorry man."

There was a knock at the door immediately followed by "Five minutes and you're on." From the bartender. Alex gave a heavy sigh as they both got to their feet. "Guess it's showtime."

Alex nodded in agreement, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "Hey, you'll be fine," Zack said, squeezing his shoulder. "You always get nervous, and you always go out there and kick ass. Tonight, is no different." Alex sent him a grateful smile as they headed out of the dressing room.

There were a couple of hundred people waiting for them when they got out on the stage. They all began to whoop and cheer at them as they got settled.

"Hey, guys!" Alex greeted with a grin, taking a seat on one of the stools that had been left for them in front of the microphone. "Unfortunately, we are a member down tonight. Now Rian is lurking around somewhere, but the idiot's only gone and fractured his ankle." There were a few shouts and boos from the crowd which made him chuckle. "I know! He's a nightmare. We can't leave him on his own for five minutes." Zack chuckled softly next to him. "So, this does mean we're going to have to play acoustically for you tonight. We hope you don't mind."

The audience cheered in response helping Alex relax a little. He heard a shout of "I love you" and chuckled a little. "I love you too." He grinned.

"Now this does mean we're gonna need you all to sing along extra loud tonight. And I mean all of you, even you guys hiding at that back hoping I can't see you." There was more cheering and laughter. For a small crowd, they were pretty vocal.

"This first one's called Coffee Shop Soundtrack."