Chapter 11

Jeremy woke up in his bed, again. He groaned and rolled over, hiding his head underneath the pillow. The events of yesterday were coming back to him little by little and he felt overwhelmed. He remembered that he argued with Bonnie and was out of control, causing parts of the living room to set alight. He was incredibly confused. How did he have magic? He was human, right? Even if he was a reincarnation, he was still human, so why did he manage to cause things to go on fire?

His first thought was to call Bonnie and ask her about it, but after the confrontation yesterday, he didn't feel like bothering her. He felt bad about the things that he said, but he felt so angry. What was happening wasn't fair but he felt like he didn't have to take it out on her. But she betrayed you, he thought. You told her in confidence yet she double crossed you. Jeremy screamed into his pillow, willing the thoughts away. A knock at the door pulled him out of his thoughts. He groaned again and sat himself up in bed.

"Come in," he said half heartedly. He didn't particularly want any visitors, but what could he have said? The door opened and in came Elijah. "Elijah?" he asked in a panic. "Wh - what are you doing here? What happened?" he asked with wide eyes. He knew that he must have been invited in by Jenna because she was the one who gave him the boxes from the historical society. So did Jenna invite him in again? Elijah just smiled softly and closed the door, coming to sit down on the edge of his bed.

"I heard what happened from a friend of mine. They said that you managed to cause fire damage. That could only happen if you have magic" he explained. He understood that Jeremy must be feeling very confused at the moment. "I don't even understand how I did that," he said tiredly, running his fingers through his hair.

"Everything just felt so overwhelming and I probably just snapped. I was so angry at Bonnie for betraying me and the next thing I know I've caused parts of the living room to set alight" he sat back with a sigh and closed his eyes softly. "I literally have absolutely no idea what's going on anymore" he whispered softly.

Elijah sat closer to him and touched his cheek. "Little one, look at me" he said in a soft but firm tone of voice. Jeremy didn't answer, his eyes still shut. "Little one, look at me when I'm talking to you," he repeated in the same tone of voice. Jeremy was still for a few moments but then he opened his eyes and looked up into his older brother's face. Elijah gently caressed his cheek before releasing it saying : "You will be okay, trust me. I've friends with similar gifts and they could help you to control your powers" he explained. But Jeremy was still confused.

"But how do I even have these powers? I thought that I was just human.." he mumbled to himself and his voice trailed off. He then remembered his past life. His mother was a witch. He remembered when he often used to use her spell room as a hiding place when they played hide and seek because he knew that the rest of his siblings wouldn't think of searching for him there. That must only mean that he must be a witch too. "Our mother was a witch, wasn't she?" he asked in a soft tone when he realised the truth. Elijah nodded his head.

"And when she used the immortality spell that night, you lost your magic, didn't you?" he asked again. "Kol and Finn were, remember?" Elijah asked softly, brushing his hair away from his face. Jeremy's eyebrows furrowed and he bit down onto his lip. "Everything is muddled. When I first met you, the memories came back to me, the same thing happened with Klaus," he whispered softly to himself but Elijah heard it. "So do you think that if you see the others, the memories of them will come back to you?" Elijah asked tentatively.

Jeremy nodded his head. "Yeah, that's the only explanation that makes sense," he said with a sigh. "I'm not mad at you meeting Klaus, though," he added. Jeremy raised his eyebrow. "Really?" he asked in a sceptical tone. Elijah just chuckled softly to himself and shook his head. In fact, I'm not surprised at all," he admitted. "But I hope that he doesn't do anything to hurt you," he said.