Chapter 9

~Kali's P.O.V.~
(Language: Korean)

      My eyes widened as Chen and Luhan gasped. "We're in danger? How?" Luhan yelled a bit to loudly, for Xiumin woke up. "We're in danger?" He repeated groggily, "How?" He rested his head on my shoulder as Kai shook his head. "We need to tell the others, and fast." "But you said our manager--" "That's the thing, I got a call last night. Manager hyung is dead."

     Chen's jaw dropped as Xiumin shot up, fully awake. "Manager hyung is dead?" He asked, his eyes wide. Kai nodded grimly, making tears fill up in his hyung's eyes. "Yes, he was murdered last night, and i know by who. Which is why we need to talk to the others." Chen nodded, standing and pulling me up with him. "Yeah, come on Kali," he said, "We've got to introduce you to some people."

     I look back at Xiumin and Luhan. Xiumin's tears are falling freely down his face as he stares at the floor, head in his hands. Luhan holds his hand up over his mouth as he attempts to hold back a sob. Tears run down his face and over his hand, falling onto the ground. I look at Kai and Chen to see tears in their eyes, too.

     "No," I told Chen before he pulled me from the room, "You must tell the others about your manager. He was much more important than I am, and he meant a lot to all of you. I can wait." "But--" Chen starts, but I cut him off. "Look at your friends, Chen! They seem to care a lot! Shouldn't the others care too?" He looked at Xiumin and nodded. "Ok. We'll go tell them, but I want to be able to see you from downstairs, ok?" I nodded, squeezing his hand. "Ok. Now go tell your friends."

     Chen took Xiumin's hand and pulled him out of the room, with Kai following. Before he left Luhan gave me a small smile, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I'm sorry I caused you stress during that," he said, "I didn't know you would be so concerned--" "Hey, it's alright," I replied, "It wasn't you anyway. Now come on, you've gotta go tell the others." I pushed him out the door and into the hallway, shutting the door behind us.

****

    I stood at the top of the stairs, peering down into the livingroom as the boys told their friends about their manager. Many of the others started to cry, holding onto each other for comfort. It ached my heart to see them like this, even though I don't know them. Why would someone kill the manager of a band?

     Suddenly, a grave idea popped into my head. I turned on my heels and ran back to Chen's room, running in and shutting and locking the door behind me. I walked over to the computer and clicked out of the video, going to files. There was one file that Brooks had told me to open only when the time was right, when I believed it would be important. I don't know why I thought I should open it now, but hey, I might not get a chance again.

     I clicked on the unopened file and another video popped up. I clicked play, and immediately a face I recognized popped up: the man from the simulation, the one who was trying to hurt Luhan. "Hello, girl, it's nice to meet you," the man said in perfect English, "I am Jack Jones, but you can call me Sir. Anyway, I'm sorry I could not physically meet you in person, for I have my own things to attend to. But don't worry, we will definitely meet in the near future."

     "Now," Jack said, "I am making this video to give you a warning: one of your friends will go missing within 20 days, and I will kill them if you don't hand yourself over. Why, we must discuss in person. But anyway, there's no way that you can prevent this, for the date is set. You will receive another notice by someone within the next 20 days of all the details, but you shouldn't worry about that much, ok? I can't wait to meet you, girl, for I have many things planned. Bye now!" And with that, the screen went black.

     I sat there, frozen for a moment. He's gonna take one of my friends? I don't have any friends! Oh wait, does he mean one of the boys? When? How much time do I have?

     I clicked on the video details, quickly scanning the page. The video was made.....6 days ago, so I have 2 weeks until one of the boys disappears. Ok, that's a little bit of time to plan. Should I tell the boys? No, they already have enough to worry about.

     "Kali, are you ok?" Someone yelled, pulling me from my thoughts, "Open the door!" "I'm ok, give me a second," I yelled back. I quickly pulled the flash drive out of the computer and stuffed it in my pocket, standing. I walked over the door and unlocked it, pulling it open. The person on the other side was leaning on the door so he fell, but I caught him before he hit the ground. Our eyes locked, and something inside of me snapped.

     "Uh, I'm sorry," he stuttered, "I wasn't paying attention and meant to lean on the wall but--" "It's alright," I said, pulling him up, "It's opened it too fast anyway." He backed away as i looked closer at his face. He looked extremely bright and happy despite the tear streaks down his face, and his eyes were the kind you could just get lost in...

        "Kali? Hello?" Someone yelled, pulling me from my thoughts. I shook my head, blinking. "What?" Luhan was holding onto my shoulders, looking at me in concern. "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I looked over his shoulder at the few boys behind him, their faces showing signs of crying. "I see you've told them the news." I look at Luhan, who looks like he was crying himself. "Are you ok?" He nods, running a hand over his face. "Yeah, I'm fine. Anyway though, we've got some people you'd want to meet."

*********