Chapter 17

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sort I didn't update in FOREVER!!!! I was just really busy with my other stories and completely forgot about this one! Forgive me??? I hope you enjoy!!!

*******

~Kali's P.O.V.~
( Language: English )
"Jonghyun!" I yelled, shaking him, "Get up! I don't know what to do!" Did he faint? Is he breathing? Wait, is he dead?

I quickly put my head on his chest, holding my breath. At first I heard nothing, but then I heard it-- his heartbeat, strong and clear. I sat up, sighing with relief. I don't want him to die.

Suddenly, the door to my cell flew open as two men stormed in. "Get up, quickly now," One said, looking at me, "We're getting you out of here!" I looked up at them in shock. "What?" "Come on, we only have a little bit of time!" The man took my hand and pulled me up, but my legs collapsed out from underneath me as I stood. Before I hit the ground the man picked me up bridal style as the other pulled up Jonghyun.

The men carried us out of the cell and down many hallways until we were outside. They brought us over to a large truck and the man carrying me set me down inside in the backseat. The other laid Jonghyun down beside me, and immediately I heard a yelp from behind us. "Jonghyun!"

I whirled around as the men got in the front seats to see another boy looking at Jonghyun with worry. "Who are you?" I asked him, making him look up at me. "Mueos?" I repeated what I had said in Korean. He replied with one word: "Taemin."

Realizing he wasn't going to talk to me more I turned back to the men. "What's going on?" I asked, making one of the men turn back to face me. "Don't worry, calm down," he said, "You're safe now. Jack Jones will never bother you again."

*****

~Chanyeol's P.O.V.~
(Language: Korean)

I opened my eyes to see Lay's harsh gaze. "You're an idiot you know," he said, "You could have gotten yourself killed." "I'm sorry," I replied, running a hand over my face, "I just needed to--" "Yeah, sure you did." He cut me off. "You know, we will get her back. I don't know how yet, but we will. You just have to stay alive until then." He gave me a small smile and pressed a plate of food into my hands. "Now eat up. You've lost like, 20 pounds."

I silently eat the food as he watches me, avoiding his eyes. I know I shouldn't have gone, but I got a great advantage out of it. The girl--aww crap, did I get her name?-- told me how to find Kali: just follow the compass. I can do that, right?

Swallowing the food in my mouth I set the plate down, looking at Lay. "Yixing hyung, I have a favor to ask." He raises an eyebrow. "Yeah?" "I found out something," I say, reaching into my pocket and pulling out the compass, "Kali gave me this the day they...took her away." Lay holds out his hand and I place it in his palm. He turns it over in his hands and flips open the top, revealing the compass. "This is a compass?" I nod. "Yup." "But it's broken." "No, hyung, it doesn't point north. It points to the thing you want most."

Lay looks up at me and suddenly presses a hand to my forehead. "Huh, no fever. Did you hit your head or something?" I smack his hand away, whining. "No, hyung, seriously, it's the truth! And the thing I want most is Kali! So it will lead us to her!" Lay looked at me like I had gone crazy. "Suho-ah," he called down the hallway, "I think we need to take Yeollie to the hospital!"

********