· Twitch ·

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you enjoy my content! Thank you xx

Enjoy! xx

***
Sophie's POV
***

I creep downstairs at nine am and look out for Will and Niki. The coast is clear in the hall, staircase and when I walk downstairs, the kitchen included too.

After last night regarding the argument, I've been carfeul not to talk to Wilbur. He knocked at my door last night but I faked being asleep so he would leave me alone. I haven't been in a very talkative mood and I don't wish to start this morning. I know I'll have to face Will at some point, but I still feel really frustrated. I think it's pent up anger from somewhere. 

I grab an apple from the fruit bowl in the centre of the table and turn to leave. I feel my eyes widen when I see Wilbur stood in the doorway, washed and dressed for the day. When he sees me, he adjusts his glasses and leans against the doorframe, blocking any escape. 

"Sit down"

I sigh but follow Wilbur's orders and sit down in a chair. Will sits down across from me and I soon find my eyes wandering down to the carpet beneath us.

"Last night was argumentative and emotional and I think I made you upset," Will starts, resting his chin on his hand as he looks at me. "I didn't mean to hurt you in any way, shape or form. I think we could've avoided what happened last night if we just talked. Sophie, I need you to voice your concerns and fears if something is bothering you, okay? If I don't know what's going on, I can't help. I really do want to help you "

I say nothing and just start picking at my fingernails. Will sighs and I know I'm being uncooperative. 

"If you don't want to go to school on Monday, that's fine"

I look up from my fingers and feel a sense of surprise flood through me. Will's brown eyes look tired and I can tell he just wants to make ammends. Wilbur and I aren't used to arguing. Everything was just easier when mum was around. 

"Really?" I ask quietly, suddenly feeling bad for making Wilbur look so worn out.

"Yes, really," Will nods, confirimning his words. "You'll go to school when you're ready. That is what I said in the first place, wasn't it?"

I nod and Will pats the table twice before getting up and walking to the kettle. He switches it on and gets his coffee out from the cupboard.

I guess the conversation is done. 

I get up from the table and walk over to Will. I wrap my arms around his waist and sigh when he seems taken by surprise. Will's arm comes around me as he uses the other one to make his coffee, his hand giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze. 

"Thanks, Will. Sorry for being a plonker last night"

Will chuckles and shakes his head, rubbing my back. 

"That's okay. I know you were tired and worried, but there isn't anything to worry about, really. It's school, Tommy will be there to take care of you and if you have a shit day, I'll always be here if you need to rant"

***

Wilbur heads off to the office while I spend the day at Niki's. 

Niki has a cute little house just ten minutes walk away from Will's and I've been there quite a few times. Niki has a little room she created especially for me. She put love seats, a TV, a kettle, a cupboard of my favourite snacks and fluffy blankets. The door to the room even has my name on it. I love Niki so much and when Wilbur is super busy, she's a great help. Niki's place is basically a second home to me and I couldn't be more appreciative at how keen she is to make me comfortable.