• Trip? •

***
Sophie's POV
***

The sound of light rain drizzling on the roof and down my bedroom windows tugs me from the depths of sleep and brings me to open my eyes. My vision is blurry for a bit, making me blink a few times before I can see properly out of both eyes. I do wear glasses, so sometimes, I can't fix it naturally by just blinking the blurriness away. I swear my vision is like a camera going out of focus all the time.

The soft pitter patter of the rain on the window panes makes me feel at peace and relaxed with the day ahead. I don't have college classes today, and I know Will's going out later to run some errands, so in theory, I will have the house to myself. I know other kids my age would probably use this as an excuse to throw a party or have friends around, however I'm like an indoor cat and prefer my own company. My own undisturbed company. I like to dress in comfy clothes and make food and eat in front of the TV. Don't get me wrong, I do the same things with Wilbur around, but it's different when you have the house to yourself.

I turn over in bed and slump into my pillows, letting my eyes fall shut before springing back open again. I had a good rest last night which was nice and new for me. It feels really good to feel well rested.

The rain starts to fall harder now and the sky turns a darker shade of grey, allowing black clouds to roll in and take over the sun. I get out of bed and rub my face, yawning before making my way into the bathroom for a shower. I usually shower at night, but I got lazy and distracted last night playing Minecraft with Tommy and Phil instead, so I guess I'll make it up now.

I turn the knob on the shower to red and place my hand under the shower head, letting the room temperature water trickle down my palm and wrist before hitting the turquoise-tiled floor. The heat comes quickly and I remove my hand, hurrying to peel my pyjamas off my body. I love having showers. I procrastinate getting in, but once I'm in, it's hard to get out again.

With a steady hand, I gather my long hair into a ponytail and then twist it into a bun, wrapping the long twirl of chestnut hair into a cinnamon swirl. I secure the bun in place with the brown hairband on my wrist and remove the rings on my fingers before stepping into the shower.

The hot water greets my neck and runs down my back making a delicious shiver create waves all over my body. I grab my heart shaped sponge and apply my coconut scented body wash all over it, letting the water soak into the sponge before rubbing it over my body. I wash everywhere and then let the water get rid of the soap, washing it down the drain along with some stray hair. I stay in the shower for a few more minutes, basking in the warmth and resting my forehead against the cool wall surface. I shut my eyes and take a deep breath. Today will be a good day.

I turn off the shower and step out onto the sage green bath mat. I grab my towel from where it's hanging from a hook on the wall and wrap it around myself shivering in the cold gust of wind that always seems to hit me after a nice hot shower. I use my hand to wipe the steamed up mirror in front of me and sigh when my own freckled face stares back at me. I don't really like the way I look without makeup, if I'm being honest. I feel like I'm not me without eyeliner and lashes on.

***

After drying myself off and getting changed into grey sweats and a black tube top, I keep my hair in a bun and walk downstairs to get some breakfast. My stomach hasn't stopped annoying me since I got up.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and dash into the kitchen, letting my fluffy socks make me slide on the polished wooden floors. The kitchen is empty, but the coffee machine has been used. Will is up for sure.

I take a pan out of the drawer next to the oven and place it on the hob. I whack up the heat and drizzle some oil into the pan before peeling and dicing a potato. I lower the handful of chopped potato into the pan and step back as it sizzles, caramelising the sides and producing a lovely smell. Lastly, I crack two eggs into a bowl and season it with salt, pepper and some ground up garlic. I whisk the eggs around and then add it to the pan, gently stirring it with a spatula to make them scrambled. While the potato is still cooking, I chop up some bacon and add it in for some extra flavour., allowing the fat to disintegrate. Once the egg is done cooking, I transfer the contents of the pan onto a plate and top with a sprinkle of green herbs. I grab a fork and sit at the counter, taking my phone out. I love to watch TikTok while I have my breakfast.

I'm on my fourth bite when Wilbur enters the kitchen. He's properly dressed in jeans and a grey sweatshirt, his glasses pushed onto his nose like usual. His hair looks extra floppy today and I know it's because he washed it last night.

"Good morning, you," Will smiles, nicking a piece of potato from my plate. "Did you sleep well?"

I nod and swallow before answering. "Yeah, I did. You?"

Will nods as I take another bite of my eggs.

"So, hey," Will says, leaning against the counter as his eyes find mine. "I wanted to talk to you about something"

"Okay?" I respond, putting my fork down. I'm curious.

"So, there's supposed to be a trip happening to go to Florida," Will starts, checking his watch. "Phil, Tommy, Tubbo, Niki, and others are flying to Florida along with us two to meet the rest of the SMP members"

I process the information given to me and feel the familiar squeeze of anxiety I get when flights are mentioned. I hate airports, flying, the crowds, the stress....It's safe to say I could do without all that shit.

"Why?" Is all I can say.

Will smiles. "Just for a holiday and to meet the Americans, I guess. You have your summer holidays coming up and I thought now is as good a time as any. Everyone's really excited to go. I'm sure Dream has some amazing things planned"

I must not look convinced because Wilbur pulls a face.

"Are you not excited? Like, at all?"

I sigh. "You know what I'm like with flying, Will"

Will nods. He does know what I'm like when it comes to being on a big airbus made of clattering metal held up with nothing but wind and energy turbines. Will grabs his laptop that's been sitting on the table for three days now and opens it, balancing it on his forearm. The light from the laptop screen mirrors itself in his glasses as he scrolls through what seems to look like a site.

"Maybe you'll be more excited when you see where we'll be staying," Will says, turning his laptop so I can see the screen.

There's a massive house taking up the screen. There's a big pool with sunbeds next to it, a house that looks like three pushed together, and a wooden gate that seems to lead to a private beach somewhere. The place looks nice, but my nerves are bad enough for me to feel the same as before.

"You, Tommy, Tubbo, Drista, and Ranboo will be sharing the top floor. I believe there are three rooms you can share with bunk beds and what not"

Will looks at me as if trying to figure out if he's won me over or not. It does seem like a fun trip, and I would love to meet everyone we've been gaming with, but at the same time, my anxiety has taken control and made me a nervous wreck.

"You'll be completely fine," Will pushes, his voice going soft and gentle. "I promise. Tommy will be there to distract you from any nerves, and we'll all have a great time"

I giggle at the thought of travelling with Tommy. There's no way in hell he's calm in an airport. He'll probably be bouncing off the walls and talking constantly and downing energy drinks. I can't picture myself being calm with Tommy around, however he is my friend and I guess he does make me feel better about the whole trip.

"When are we going?" I ask, finishing the last of my breakfast.

Will's face lights up as he smiles again.

"Two weeks"

***