2

Dream's POV

"What do you mean you didn't kill him?!" Wilbur shrieked.

Dream faced his team leader, having just gotten back to his base.

He looked at Wilbur coolly. "I said there was too many guards for me to get close."

Wilbur looked at him skeptically, "That late at night?! Dream, I specifically sent you because you are capable of making it past guards undetected."

Dream didn't reply and Wilbur continued, "I want you to go back tonight and finish the job alright?"

Dream nodded. "Yes, Wilbur."

Wilbur sighed and Dream turned around to look at the rest of their group, "I'm sorry guys. I'll do it tonight."

"You better," Technoblade said flatly, "or I'll do it myself."

Tommy nodded in agreement, "Yeah Big D, we need him dead in order to continue with the mission."

"I know, Tommy." Dream replied dryly.

Tubbo, Sapnap, and Bad stood behind silently, holding in their opinions. Dream let out a tired breath and ran his fingers through his hair. It had taken all night to travel back to their base and he had gotten no sleep. He walked past the group and headed to his room.

Sapnap followed him, whistling softly. Once they left the vicinity of their group he asked, "Dream, why did you lie to Wilbur?"

"I didn't lie."

"Yes, Dream. You did."

Dream stopped and turned to face Sapnap, meeting him eye to eye. Dream didn't wear his mask here, he had no reason to hide his identity.

"What makes you think that?" Dream asked.

Sapnap gave him a knowing look, "I know how you sound when you lie. What actually happened?"

Dream sighed, "I got carried away and couldn't go through with it."

"Carried away?"

Dream cringed, "I may have... enjoyed doing my job a little too much... to the point I almost forgot why I was there."

Sapnap raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Really, Dream? What was it about him that made you act that way?"

Dream thought about this for a moment before replying, "I don't know, but I think we can get him on our side."

Sapnap raised both eyebrows now, "Okay, but that isn't what Wilbur said to do."

"I know."

"Whatever, Dream. I trust your gut more than my own. So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to bring him here and convince him to join our cause." Dream said, his voice determined.

Sapnap snorted, but grinned. "I could get behind this. I can't wait to meet the Prince... I think this will be fun."

Dream grinned back. "I know."

They said goodbye and Dream collapsed in his bed, eager for rest. But sleep never came. He really wanted George to join their side. They had been fighting back against the injustices of the ruling King Schlatt for years now.

He wondered if the Prince even knew what his father did in his free time. Dream shivered at the thought. He could only hope the Prince would see their cause and join it. But that wasn't the only reason he wanted to kidnap him. He wanted to learn more about George. Dream was intrigued at how he fought back. He was nowhere near Dream's skill level, but he had potential.

Dream tossed and turned in his bed anxiously. He sighed and gave up on sleep. He decided to wash up and eat before he would head back.

He was determined to get the Prince on their side... by any means necessary.

George's POV

George didn't sleep the rest of the night. Once the masked assassin had left, he just stood there in shock and confusion. He paced the room and thought about his options.

The man said he would be back, but when? George had no clue.

Should he tell someone? George decided against it. He knew that wasn't a smart move, but he wanted to deal with this on his own.

His father wouldn't have cared either way. George disliked his father, King Schlatt. He never spent time with him as a child so they never bonded. There was something that radiated from his father that George didn't like. So he made a point to avoid him.

His only friend in the castle was Punz, his guard. They weren't the closest, but George spent the most time with him, so therefore they had some bond.

Punz was a good guard. He did his job right, he kept George safe. Except for last night, but that was George's fault.

George walked around the castle aimlessly, Punz following behind. He hummed to himself as he considered his options. The assassin didn't kill him, which confused George. He said he would, but yet, here George was, alive and unharmed.

Well, aside from the scratch on his neck. He told Punz it was an accident with his dagger. Punz had looked skeptical when he told him, but he didn't question George.

George glanced briefly at Punz, who was observing their surroundings alertly. George sighed and continued wandering around the castle.

He did that all day. It was what he did most days actually. He was never needed to do anything. It was almost as if George was prince just for show. His father never consulted him. He was never involved in meetings or strategizing. He knew nothing about their army or their plans. George wasn't allowed to leave the castle, so life was boring.

Aside from last night, there was never any excitement in George's life. This was why he didn't tell anyone of his almost-assassination.

Why would someone want to kill him in the first place? George knew nothing about the current status of the kingdom, his father never let him. If the assassin had asked for information, George would've lied.

George only knew about the past of their kingdom. He spent many hours in the library reading for fun and in interest. He wouldn't consider himself smart, but he knew quite a bit about plants, history, animals, war strategies, and other topics one would read about.

George turned around and headed to the library. He decided to read for the rest of the day, that would pass time. George found a comfy chair and sat down with a book.

When he looked up the sun was setting. He noticed Punz was gone.

"Punz?" George called.

He sat up straight and looked around the library alarmed. Punz would never leave while on assignment. He craned his neck as he looked behind him.

"Hello again."