4

George's POV

George blearily opened his eyes. He scanned the room he was in and tried to figure out where he was. He was laying on a couch with a blanket draped over him. He seemed to be in a common room of some sort.

There were couches, tables, and chairs scattered throughout the space. He heard someone happily whistling behind his couch and utensils scraping against each other. George figured someone was eating. He didn't see Dream anywhere, so he sat up.

The whistling stopped and George looked towards the person eating. The man gave George a cheeky smile and waved.

"Good morning sleepyhead! You hungry?" the man greeted. He had dark hair and a white bandana wrapped around head.

George was confused at his kind greeting. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Who are you?"

"I'm Sapnap!" he exclaimed and added to clear George's confusion, "I'm a friend of Dream."

George nodded slowly. Sapnap took a bite out of his breakfast.

"I can get you some oatmeal if you want?" Sapnap asked.

"Sure." George said as he stood up and walked to the table Sapnap was at, "Why are you being so nice to me?"

Sapnap gave him a confused look and handed him a bowl full of oatmeal and a spoon, "Why wouldn't I be nice?"

"Because this is literally a captor-hostage situation." George replied bluntly.

Sapnap's eyes lit up in understanding, "Oh yeah! I totally forgot!"

George gave him an incredulous look before taking a bite of his oatmeal. He sat down across from Sapnap feeling a little nervous, but slightly comfortable around this man he just met. Something about his personality made George feel reassured that he wasn't going to kill him.

George looked around, "What is this place?"

"Oh, this place? It's just our hang out spot I guess. We come here to chill and eat and stuff."

"Where exactly am I?" George asked and leaned forward curiously, he needed as much information as possible.

"Lemme think... we're kinda near the coast, y'know? Sorta by—"

"Sapnap, that's enough," a familiar voice said sternly from behind George.

George rolled his eyes, but didn't turn around. Sapnap looked like he remembered he wasn't supposed to be talking to George. He sent an apologetic look towards Dream and continued eating. George, however, didn't bother to greet his captor.

"Did you get enough rest?" Sapnap asked Dream.

"Yeah," Dream replied and sat next to Sapnap. He looked to George and tilted his head. "Did you?"

George shrugged. "I guess."

Sapnap gave Dream a curious look. "It's so weird seeing you with your mask on."

George raised his eyebrows. "He doesn't normally wear it?"

"Nope, this idiot can't resist showing off to everyone how goddam attractive he is." Sapnap scoffed, earning a playful shove from Dream.

"Then why are you wearing it?" George asked.

"Because you're the Prince and I almost killed you. If you were to escape, you would know what I look like," Dream explained.

George nodded slowly, that made sense, but it was something else that interested him, "You think I could escape?"

Sapnap laughed, "No. There's no way he could get out of here, especially with Techno lurking around every corner."

Dream tensed at the name and George furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who's Techno?" George asked curiously.

"Only the-"

"Sapnap, no more giving away key information," Dream cut him off, "anyways, it's time to see Wilbur. He doesn't know you're alive."

"What?"

"I was supposed to kill you," Dream said simply, "but I didn't and now here you are. In our base. This could go really good or horribly wrong."

George rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Was this Wilbur guy going to kill him?

Dream and Sapnap lead George to a room. He tried to memorize the route for future uses. He didn't bother to try escaping yet, he needed to get on their good side.

They entered a somewhat large room, inside being five other people. George looked at them curiously and they all looked at him surprised. One of them stood up furiously.

"Why is he here Dream?! You were supposed to kill him?!" the man shouted, his tone was confused and angry.

Dream stepped forward, "Wilbur, I have a plan-"

"Plan?!" the man―Wilbur―interrupted, "Dream, he's supposed to be dead. Kill him now!"

George stepped back nervously, but Sapnap gripped his arm tightly, not letting him go anywhere. George looked towards him, Sapnap had a grim expression on his face.

"No. I'm not going to kill him. Wilbur, let me explain," Dream calmly replied.

"There is no explanation for this! You failed your assignment. If you won't kill him then..." Wilbur turned to one of the men sitting at the table, "Techno will."

The man Wilbur was looking at stood up and pulled a dagger from his boot. His long, pink hair was braided back behind him. He gave Dream a warning look before taking a few steps forward.

"Techno, back off," Dream growled, "let me explain why I brought him here."

When Techno didn't stop walking forward Dream unsheathed the sword from his side. On of the people at the table, a young brown-haired boy jumped up from his seat and stood between Dream and Techno.

"Guys please don't fight! Wilbur, let Dream explain!" the boy shouted, frantically holding his arms up.

"Tubbo, sit back down." Techno said in a monotone voice.

When Tubbo didn't listen Wilbur sighed, "Fine. Dream explain yourself."

Techno stopped and gave Wilbur a confused look. Dream's shoulders relaxed slightly, but he kept his sword unsheathed.

"I brought the Prince here because I think it would be beneficial if we got him on our side," Dream stated.

George squawked. Dream thought he was going to help them?! Sapnap held back a laugh, his chest shaking. George glared at him, he would never help them.

"Why would he help us?" Wilbur asked confused.

"I know some things that could convince him to join us. If he did, he could rally the people to fight back against Schlatt," Dream said.

George furrowed his eyebrows. He would never do that. He may dislike his father, but that didn't mean he wanted to overthrow him. And the people? George had never met a single citizen of his kingdom. After all, he wasn't allowed outside the castle gates.

Wilbur seemed to consider this, "How do we know he won't betray us?"

"He won't," Dream replied.

George snorted and thought, I most certainly will. Sapnap shot him a glare and leaned over to whisper in his ear, "You know you're not helping your case, right?"

George stiffened and glared at Sapnap, but he knew that he was right. George needed to act like he was on their side.

Wilbur sighed, "Fine... You get two months to convince him to join our side. If he doesn't change his mind by then, you are to kill him. Do you understand?"

Dream nodded. "Thank you Wilbur."

Wilbur nodded in response and left the room. Techno grunted and sat back down. Dream sheathed his sword. He glanced at George, who was glaring at everyone he made eye contact with.

Sapnap dropped his grip on George's arm and cheered, "Congrats! You get to live!"

George grumbled sarcastically, "Yayyy, go me."