14

{ Brace yourselves, this one's a rollercoaster ;) }

George's POV

George woke up with his head on Dream's chest and his arm wrapped around Dream's middle.

He smiled to himself and sighed happily. George looked up at the softly lit sky. The sun was starting to peak over the horizon. Dream was still sleeping beside him.

George yawned and sat up. He looked over the treetops. Dream had chosen one of the highest trees around to build his semi-treehouse. George could see for miles, but there wasn't much to look at, just the tips of trees and a few mountains in the distance.

George looked back to Dream. Dream's ethereal look took George's breath away.

He studied Dream's relaxed features. His mouth was parted slightly, letting out deep, steady breaths. His hair was ruffled and framed his face nicely. George was glad he could be the one observing for once.

Dream stirred quietly. His eyebrows twitched as he started to wake up. Dream grumbled and squinted his eyes open. George watched as Dream's eyes adjusted and his thoughts came to him. Dream looked at George sleepily.

"G'morning," Dream mumbled.

George nodded and smiled softly. Dream blinked his eyes rapidly as the sun started to shine down on them. George giggled quietly at Dream's disorganized expression.

He loved being able to see Dream's face. George could actually read his expressions instead of the plain mask.

George watched quietly as Dream sorted through his thoughts and looked around. Dream looked back to George and paused.

"I love it when you look at me like that." Dream murmured.

George furrowed his eyebrows. "Like what?"

Dream seemed to search for an explanation. He ended up shrugging and saying, "It-it's different than how Sapnap and the rest of the group look at me," he paused, "It's like you can actually see me."

"That's because I can see you now," George replied, still confused.

"No― it's different..." Dream trailed off at a loss for words.

George was still confused. He looked away from Dream's intense stare. It was too early for George to be thinking this much.

"Wanna head back?" Dream asked suddenly.

"Yeah," George replied. He was hungry.

They climbed down the tree. George hopped to the ground and dusted his clothes off.

Dream washed his face in the pool of water and shook his wet hair. He grinned goofily at George, making George bite his lip and looked away.

Dream untied the horse and led her to George. "Wanna take the reins today?"

George gave Dream and incredulous look. "I don't know how."

Dream smiled. "I'll teach you."

"Okay," George said hesitantly.

Dream grinned wide. He mounted the mare and helped George up, this time with George in the front and holding the reins.

"Hold them like this," Dream murmured into his ear as he showed George how to hold the reins.

George's heart raced as he felt Dream's breath on his neck and his hands over George's.

"Good," Dream hummed, "make sure to keep your legs wrapped securely around her sides so you don't fall."