8

George's POV

"What do you wanna start with?" Dream asked and gestured to the weapons in front of them.

"None of the above," George replied stubbornly.

Dream had taken him outside for the first time since he took George hostage. George looked around, studying everything. He memorized the way out and their surroundings.

There was a meadow behind him and behind that was a wooded forest. He doubted he could run faster then Dream, so that option for escape was a no.

Dream stood next to a rack of various weapons, which stood below a ginormous sycamore tree. George had no idea of what the weapons were or their purposes were, except for a few. All of them had razor sharp edges, which could be very helpful. George could only recognize the basic swords, daggers, bows, maces, and axes. Everything else was completely foreign.

He looked around some more. George was fascinated by the beautiful scenery. Since he wasn't allowed outside at his home, this was an amazing feeling. George closed his eyes as he let the breeze ruffle his hair and the sun shine on his face.

He reopened them to look at Dream, who was studying him quietly. George crossed his arms and huffed. Dream straightened and walked towards the rack of weapons.

"What do you want to start with?" Dream repeated, "We don't have to start with weapons if you don't want to."

George shrugged. "Does it matter? I don't really care. You pick."

Dream looked at the array of weapons and thought. After a moment he turned to George.

"Let's just start with some hand to hand combat to see where you're at."

George had no idea how to fight. He only knew the few moves that Punz had shown him, but those were half hearted training moments. He didn't know how to fight. Dream saw his confused expression and chuckled.

"Aw, does poor Georgie-poo not know how to fight?" Dream crooned, his voice a tone higher.

"Don't call me that," George snapped.

Dream laughed. George could tell he was enjoying himself and it pissed him off.

"Oh, do you prefer I call you darling? Honey? Sweetheart? Oooh, how about cutie pie?" Dream said as he wheezed.

George flushed, his level of anger rising, as well as his embarrassment, "Stop, Dream."

Dream crossed his arms. "Or what?"

George knew he was doing this on purpose. Dream wanted him to get mad and fight him, but George wouldn't have it. He wouldn't fall for Dream's dumb plan.

At the lack of a response, Dream continued to egg him on, "I know you have it in you Georgie. C'mon let's have some fun."

George narrowed his eyes, but he didn't budge.

Dream let out a disappointed sigh. "Alright then. We'll go straight to step one."

He walked up to George. George looked up at the mask, standing a few feet in front of him.

"Show me how you think you should punch," Dream said, his voice still a little playful, but George could tell he was being serious.

George sighed and curled his hand in a fist.

Dream grabbed his hand immediately, "For starters, don't put your thumb in your fist. That's how you break it."

Dream pulled George's thumb out of his fist and placed it in the correct spot over his middle finger. George glanced up at Dream, who was still holding his hand. He really wished he could see Dream's face. He wanted to be able to read his expressions.