2. || searching

The sound of crunching leaves and music blaring through her ear buds is all Lucía Stilinski can hear as she runs through the woods

The sound of crunching leaves and music blaring through her ear buds is all Lucía Stilinski can hear as she runs through the woods. This is the place where Lucía can let go, and stop over thinking, this place is basically her sanity.

It is a dark and foggy night as several Beacon County Sheriff's Department deputies pull up to the Beacon Hills preserve in their police cruisers thinking the complete opposite to the young girl.

There are at least a dozen officers getting out of their respected vehicles, some with K-9-unit dogs who are barking and whispering amongst the radio chatter.

All the deputies have flashlights in hand as they begin to search the woods but before sheriff Stilinski can go any further, he spots his daughter running obliviously through the woods, thankfully unharmed but she might not stay that way for much longer.

"Lucía" the sheriff calls out to his daughter who slows down gradually as she takes in the sight in front of her, her mouth falling agape as she takes in everything.

"What the f—" but before the words can fall out of my mouth, my dad is screaming out my name.

"LUCÍA STILINSKI, LEARN HOW TO ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE!" Dad screams out causing me to turn around very quickly.

"What in the hell is going on?" I ask taking in everything that's going on in front of me and that is a job in itself because there is a lot going on right now.

"I cannot tell you that, Chia. It's classified information" dad says sternly, I shrug it off I'll just ask Stiles he'll know. "And no, you can't just ask your brother!"

"Yeah, yeah. I know the routine, we pretend we don't know when we do, he then decides to do something stupid, I get dragged into it because I care about him, I save his life, and you save our asses from getting hauled off to county jail" I say with a sweet yet not so innocent smile.

"I'm being serious this time, this is—this is serious, and you could get seriously hurt so please, I'm going to drive you home and you're going to stay there for the rest of the night" dad says sternly causing me to frown.

"No can do pops I'm going to see Scott as he needs help threading his lacrosse stick and he called me using that puppy dog tone of voice, but I'll call mischief and tell him to pick me up, is that a deal?" I ask hoping I'm not pushing it but also knowing that I'm just going to climb through my window even if dad doesn't let me and it's obvious that he comes to the same realisation.

"Okay. Fine! But you call me when you get to Scott's" dad says causing me to smile and peck him on the cheek before putting my ear buds back in and continue my run.

"AS SOON AS YOU GET THEIR CHIA!" Dad yells before turning around grabbing his flashlight and designated dog lead as he mutters under his breath.

"Damn, kid!"

It doesn't take me long to get to Scott's house, I've already messaged Stiles asking him what's going on in the woods and that I'll be at Scott's if he needs me or if he wants to join us.