8. || dead body hunting

The next morning goes by a hell of a lot quicker than the rest; I feel a lot calmer this morning and better in my own skin now that I know everything that is happening

The next morning goes by a hell of a lot quicker than the rest; I feel a lot calmer this morning and better in my own skin now that I know everything that is happening. Today I'm wearing black jeans that has a split at the top of the waste with gold chains on the side and a white tight top that's cropped and has long sleeves.

When we get to the high school Scott and I have to go straight to Coach Finstock's office, we are talking as we walk through the boy's locker room and into Coach's office.

"What do you mean, you can't play the game tomorrow night? Lucía talk some sense into him!" Coach asks sounding confused and exasperated by what Scott has just told him.

"Actually, Coach I don't think it's the worst idea he has come up with" I say causing Coach's frown to harden, Scott stands next to me awkwardly, knowing that he has no real good reason for backing out that won't sound stupid to the Coach.

"I mean... I can't play the game tomorrow night..." Scott repeats himself rubbing the back of his neck.

"He's right, Coach he really can't play" I say but Coach Finstock refuses to accept this answer and sits on the edge of his desk with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You mean he can't wait to play the game tomorrow night!" Coach says firmly as he stares us both down.

"Coach stop being obtuse, tell him Scotty" I say ignoring Scott's frustrated and unhappy expression knowing that he doesn't want to have to do this in the first place.

"No, Coach, Chia's right— I can't play the game tomorrow night" Scott repeats himself yet again.

"He's right Coach, he can't play tomorrow" I state causing Coach to continue to stare at us dumbfounded.

"...I'm not following" Coach says causing me to groan frustratedly hitting my head against the wall.

"Coach, Jesus take the hint I need to... well, be anywhere but here. So, Scott is going to give you a reason why he can't play" I say getting bored this causes Scott's eyes to pop out of his head.

"I'm having some... personal issues" Scott hesitates as he tries to think of a good reason to explain himself before he speaks.

"Is it a girl?" Coach questions causing Scott to shake his head.

"No."

"Is it a guy?" Coach asks and Scott soon realises that this is not going to be an easy task.

"Stop stalling" I say rolling my eyes simultaneously with Scott.

"You know, our goalie, Danny, is gay..." Coach trails off causing me to roll my eyes yet again.

"For god sake, Coach" I say getting more and more frustrated.

"Yeah, I know, Coach, but that's not it" Scott says sighing impatiently as he tries to make his point.

"You don't think Danny's a good-looking guy?" Coach says trying to dissuade Scott from backing out of the game by distracting him.