7. || facetiming mccall

I went back with Scott to his house as my wolf is slowly calming down, I've currently got sunglasses on to hide my eyes but everything else has shifted back

I went back with Scott to his house as my wolf is slowly calming down, I've currently got sunglasses on to hide my eyes but everything else has shifted back. I couldn't go back home as dad is home and in the living room so there's no way for me to sneak in.

Night has fallen, when Scott and I get to his bedroom, he drops his backpack onto the floor in the corner whilst I jump on his bed, he soon joins me bellyflopping sideways onto his bed without changing his clothes.

After a moment, Scott's mother, knocks on his door without waiting for an answer she comes in causing me to look up, once I realise it's only Melissa and not a threat I fall straight back to asleep.

"Hey— late shift again for me. But I am taking Saturday off to see your first game! Obviously along with watching Lucía play" Melissa's wearing her nurses' scrubs and she manages to talk to Scott without really paying attention to him.

Instead of getting a reply from the girl all Melissa receives is a grunt that barely sounds human, Scott clearly still unhappy about the fact that his alpha is still angry at him and that he can't play, especially as he can't tell his mom either of those things, he wastes no time trying to argue with her in a grumpy voice.

"No, Mom, you can't—" this causes Melissa to scoff at the fact that Scott thinks he can tell her what to do,

"Oh, no, I can and will" Melissa tells him sternly walking towards him causing Scott to dramatically drops his head onto my stomach curling away from his mother, I let out another grunt placing a hand in Scott's hair.

"Come on, one shift isn't gonna break us..." Melissa trails off as she thinks about it for a moment before frowning at the thought of the hours she'll be missing out on at work and looks away from him.

"...Not completely..." Melissa looks back at her son and surrogate daughter before frowning in concern. "One, what's with your eyes and two why is Chia non-verbal?"

Alarmed, Scott raises himself up onto his elbows, afraid that my irises may be glowing red, he looks but soon finds there not so then he thinks his are glowing gold he doesn't realises that this is not what Melissa is talking about.

"You look like you haven't slept in days" Melissa continues; trying to hide his relief that his mom is still in the dark about his transformation into a werewolf, Scott snuggles back into his alpha before quickly lying to cover up the secret.

"Oh, uh, it's nothing. I'm just... stressed..." Scott trails off but Melissa doesn't look convinced at all especially when she glares at the older girl expecting an answer but receives nothing but another grunt that doesn't even sound likes it's in agreement this time.

"Just stress? Nothing else?" Melissa continues to question him.

"Homework..." Scott trails off really not bothered by his mother's questioning.