9. || a stolen kiss

The Hale house

The Hale house. The place that should be a place of rest, yet another Hale is being arrested instead of being allowed to grieve in his messed-up way, but then again wouldn't you be messed up if your whole family was burnt alive.

I know I would be.

I have sympathy for Derek Hale that's why standing here and letting this happen feels like a betrayal on my part and both boys know how I feel about it, yet it has to happen right now as we can't exactly become an accessory to murder by move the body, but I will be helping Derek out of this mess even if it kills me.

Today is a cold and wet day, which is fitting I'd say especially with the events that have occurred. That is why I'm wearing warm clothing, white hoodie with a black skirt and tights, I've got a long black coat on that reaches my knees, it's done up tightly at the waist covering the clothes underneath.

Sadly, I had to get Lydia to bring me up a spare pair of shoes; I did go home to get ready, but my wolf was restless and wanted me to get back here to be here for Derek, so the strawberry blonde is the reason to why I'm wearing black stiletto heels and no I don't want to talk about it.

My hair is braided back ready for the lacrosse game and the only jewellery I'm wearing is the ones that I'm allowed to wear during the game, which is of course my dad's army tags, considering I never take them off.

So, this morning I'm leaning against the Jeep stood next to Scott, the Jeep is parked at the edge of the Hale property, as we watch Derek get marched out of the house in handcuffs by one of the Beacon County Sheriff's Department deputies.

Derek looks over at us with a scowl that causes Scott to look down at the ground with an expression of mixed guilt and shame as Derek is pushed into the back of a deputy's cruiser. Derek takes note of the alpha's face, strong and calculated as she looks around the crime scene her arm wrapped around the younger beta comforting him and Derek hates himself for longing for that sort of comfort.

A moment later, I notice Stiles walking from out of the woods toward the cruiser, which is unattended now that the rest of the deputies are checking out the crime scene itself. Scott's mouth gapes open in shock when he realises what Stiles is about to do, just as Stiles looks back at us and motions for me to go over there.

"No!" Scott mutters immediately trying to get Stiles to stop by mouthing his response at him.

"I'll go get him" I say walking away from Scott and over to the cruiser where Stiles has completely ignored Scott and darted into the passenger seat, I do the exact same thing but with the driver's side knowing both my brother and Derek need my help.

"Oh, God..." Scott trails off groaning in exasperation, Scott decides to turn away from us, unable to watch and not wanting to draw more attention to what the twins are doing.

Stiles and I sit in the police car and turn around so we can face Derek and speak to him through the caged window between the backseat and the front seats of the cruiser.