12.

Disclaimer that I've forgotten to add on the other chapts: Magority of these characters belong to the one and ULTRA Shannon Messenger!! And the AWESOME Soman Chainani!! I only own the plot, and a couple characters. (And btw, the pic up there ⬆ isnt mine either)

Linh POV. 🌊

Keefe pulls out a map. 

After two hours of walking, he decides to bring up the fact that he hasn't even known where we've been going?!

He bites his lip, "Linh. Dont hate me."

"Why would I hate you?" I ask.

"We've been walking the opposite direction from where the last sighting of Mommy Dearest was."

"Now I get why you asked, I hate you." I grumble as we turn around and just stand, in a clearing, surrounded to rocks, just staring at the direction which we would have been walking if SOMEONE had checked our map.

After a couple minutes, Keefe scales one of  the largest rocks. He rests his right hand above his eyes to hide from the sun as his eyes silently sweep our foresty terrain.

He climbs back down and grabs his satchel from where he's dumped it. He quickly pulls the map out and mutters something to himself as I make my way over.

"Holy sh- crap!" He mutters. He looks up, "we've been going west, we need to go North-East and theres some mountains and... yeah."

I nod, frustrated, but hes trying his best, he really is. I can see the way he's sweating and constantly fidgeting. He's also restless, hes also desperate to find Sophie.

I sigh, "I wish Tammy was here."

We both sit down on the grass, not caring that its covered in dew.

Keefe gets up after a moment, "I'm going to go for a pee, just stay here okay? dont move."

I nod, and he walks past me and back into the forest.

After a few minutes, Keefe's footsteps are completely gone, he really did need to go a long way for a pee. Like i dont have a brother.

I hear a twig snap and I get to my feet and start dusting off, "Thank god keefe, you sure got back fast."

Another twig snaps but from a different directiong, i swivel to face where i think it came from. "Keefe! Its not funny!" A twig snaps again and I feel panic. 

I put my hands out and try and use my power to suck the dew off the leaves so I can defend myself if neccessary, it doesnt work.

"C'mon c'mon worked last time" I mutter to myself as yet another twig snaps.

Finally droplets start to rise around me and I arch my hands to make the dew make a ball.

"I'M ARMED" I shout out.

I hear a footstep and i instantly push my little orb of water as hard as i can in that direction.

"aUgh LINHHHHHH!!!!!" I hear a shrill high-pitched voice complain, i inch my eyes open.

Marella stands, drenched, in front of me.

"Linh. Linh. Linh. You gotta learn to badden your aim." She says laughing and giving me a hug. "We've been so worried about you!" 

"Augh! Marella! You made me wet!" I say pushing her away from me and grabbing at my now wet cloak. She smirks, "call me Mare."

Keefe decides to come back in that moment, "now that you two are finished with your flirting, Marella, you said 'we'. Who else is with you?"

Marella rolls her eyes and i cover my red face with my hands, "Dex, Come on out, they know Im not alone." I peek between my fingers to see Dex pop out from behind a boulder with leaves and twigs sticking out of his hair in all directions.

"Um, I wanna help" He says awkwardly itching his neck.

Marella shakes her head, "WE want to help."

***************************

Sophie POV. 🦄

I curl into a ball, watching the man's chest rising and falling.

What did I do? 

What's an Inflictor?

Why did he call me a Moonlark?

Where am I?

Why am I here?

Questions come as quickly as the tears falling down my cheeks.

One second I'd been asleep, safe in the castle, surrounded with friends, and actually enjoying myself!

Now here I am. Trapped in a dusty murky dirty cave. With who knows what etched into my skin?

And I knocked a man unconscious.

I wish I was still in Gavaldon, life was easy back then. 

No hard choices, everything you would need, a loving family, a best friend.

hindsight is a dangerous game to play. Edaline's last words replay in my head. 

I have to stay in the present. I have to get outta here.

*********************

Hope ya'll enjoyed!!

I'll probably have shorter updates from now on... Anywho, I hope everyones Happy and Well!!!

~> sparky ✨💎<~

(HAS BEEN EDITED BUT STILL HAS TYPOS)

Word count: 800