13.

Not my image

TW slight mention of s*icide

Keefe POV. 💎

"Soooo now we're four lost idiots. " I sigh.

"With a map!" Dex points out.

"With a map we can't use." Marella sighs, joining Linh on the grass.

"And we're not idiots!" Linh complains.

"Why are you two arguing against me?" I ask them, Linh shrugs, "we're thinking on the bright side."

"Well the bright side won't help us find Sophie." Marella informs us, "which means Linh, GO TO THE DARK SIDE."

"I'm already there." Tam steps out of the shadows, near the boulder, and nearly gives me a heart attack but I try to look casual so as not to give him any satisfaction. Linh jumps up and runs into his arms, instead of strangling him like she should be she hugs him. Marella looks slightly jealous. 

"Yo Bangs Boy, 'knew we'd see you soon. Where's Biana while I'm at it?" I attempt to be 'cool'.

"I'm here." Biana appears right in front of Dex, making him let out a girlish scream.

"Sorry we're late, Tam and I had to find something and had the decency to bring it: a DNA tracker. So you guys better let us help!" Biana demands.

Linh's silvery-blue eyes widen, "we were gonna let you help anyway, but what's a DNA tracker?"

"A new technology, based on light and DNA, it's called E.L.F" Biana says.

"Well what does it stand for?" Dex asks.

"I dunno." 

Marella gets up and walks over to Biana, extending her hand. Biana drops a small device that looks like a smooth rectangle. "What does it even do?" 

Biana scratches her neck, "that's the thing... We don't really know how to work it..."

Dex immediately snatches it, his eyes gleaming in greed.

"162-132-543-642-632 code 11-42-TJ-" Dex mutters.

"Woah woah woah, back the T-rex up, Dex." I grab his shoulders, "since when have you been so number-y, buddy."

Dex shrugs and shrugs Keefe's hand off of his shoulder, "its tech, I can't help it."

"Riiiiight, your new power thingy, Sader called it agility...or was it ability?" I rub my chin. "Ability, that was it."

"Keefe, we need to get back to finding Soph." Linh puts a hand on my shoulder, "and now."

I swivel, "WHAT DO YOU THINK I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT AND DOING FOR THE LAST FOUR HOURS?!!!"

Linh takes a step back, "Dont you dare shout at my sister!" Tam warns.

I shake my head, and sigh "Sorry Linh... I just really miss Foster."

Linh steps closer, and envelopes me in a hug.

"I miss her too." She mumbles.

"still not a worthy apoplgy" Tam grumbles loudly, "Shut up" Marella says.

*************************

Sophie POV. 🦄

I step into the light, it blinds me for a second, but I shake away the ache.

It took me hours to get out.

Linh and Keefe and Biana and the rest of the group will be waiting for me at the gates of Good, and everything will get back to normal... Waiiiiit KeEfE?!! I'm not excited to see him!!!

Oh yes you are... A tiny voice says in my brain. "Oh no I'm not..." I tell myself, not realising that I said it out loud until a flock of birds lift off the ground in front of me and take flight.

I'm in a field. A hay field. in the middle of nowhere. and right above the evil hideout.

I've got no idea where I am. I've got no idea what has just happened. And I've got absolutely no idea of who I am anymore.

Who is the Moonlark? I ask myself over and over again.

"Who am I?" I ask myself.

I start walking, and by the time I'm at the edge of the field the cliff is there.

I could just take a step too many and this would all be over. No. death isnt gonna help. It's something old people do. Not wondering youngsters! Death doesnt solve anything but old age. Not pain, not cluelessness. The answer to pain is time and happiness. The answer to cluelessness is answers. 

I need answers now. 

Answers will have to wait, I have to find Keefe.

kEeFe?!! What is wrong with me?? I'm not catching feelings for him.. Nope. I'm oblivious, remember Sophie?! I'm Sophie the Oblivious. I don't think about these things. I tell myself sternly.

"Keefe is just a boy who seems to follow me around being..." annoying and sensitive and amazing. (And the Haaaaiiiiir...🤩)

Ughhhh why is Keefe stuck in my head like a song?!! Cause you love him.. UGH my brain is telling me nonsense. I pick up a daisy and rip at the petals, Truth. Nonsense. Truth. Nonsense. Truth. Nonsense. Truth. Nonsense. Truth.

I bang my head on a rock that I pass, which shouldn't be on a field.... I've been too busy arguing with myself, that I hadnt realised that now I'm in a forest terrain.

You like Keefe. Admit it. My brain tells me, my eyes are the ones in charge right now, watching the beautiful forest, the greens and browns of trees bursting up from the ground, and the fluorescent mosses littering the ground.

Fine. I do. I admit in a moment of truth. That's when I realise what I just said.

Oh no.

Hiya my wonderful readers!!!!!

TY for staying along with me as I struggle to keep Keefe's hair out of my descripting line, and TY for voting if you have.

Sorry that its been such a long while since I last updated, and who knew I'd be updating on a ScHoOl DaY?!! Not me.

Its kinda crazy, Ive already written the epilogue!!!! 

And TY for @Dizznee_Land and @Fonzie123 for staying with me this whole time, from the start of my writing on this story!!!

Disclaimer (that I've forgotten to add on the other chapts): I only own the plot and a few minor characters.

~> sparky ✨💎<~

(has been redone)

Word count: 989