1

DIYANSHI'S POV

Who says, who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? .......

The alarm on the phone alerted me that it's time to wake up. Finally, it's the day of my graduation ceremony, I have successfully completed my undergraduate. 

I headed towards the bathroom for my morning routine.

Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Diyanshi Sinha but you can call me Diya because that's what I prefer most. I am a 21years, old undergraduate. I have a young brother and two lovely parents and also I live in a joint family.

After getting ready I went down , had my breakfast and went to college after taking everyone's blessing.

______________________________

The members of my family were having important stuff to deal with so they weren't able to accompany me to the ceremony.

After the ceremony, I headed straight home but nobody was there. Suddenly my phone rang, I picked it up and was totally astonished and headed straight to the hospital in a hurry.

My grandmother had a heart attack. The whole family was with her. Everything is normal now but papa said she wanted to see me as soon as possible.

I went inside the hospital and my dad leads the way towards her room. I went inside and everyone was staring at me as if I have come after doing a murder.Dadi was tied in all those hospital instruments.

"What took you so long?", mom shouted.

"Mumma I was having a graduation ceremony....", I said.

"Is your graduation ceremony more important than dadi?", Neha(my cousin) shouted.

"I ...I...I....", I was too sad to argue with her.

"Oh, please stop shouting at her, you all go out I need to talk to her something privately."

"But maa you can tell  whatever you want in front of all ", dad said.

"yes maa", added my uncle.

"Okay, Diya come here sit beside me", she said calmly.

I did what she said. She held my hand and caressed it softly.

"As you know Diya, you were always my favorite among all my grandchildren, the purity in your soul is something I adore the most about you. I have always dreamt of you becoming a bride and me leading you to the mandap. I only have few days left...."

"shh dadi you aren't supposed to say such things. You can't die, you haven't lead me to the mandap yet", I mumbled almost weeping.

She laughed.

"We are mortals child one or the other day we are meant to die. So I have to have my wish fulfilled before I die, Diya beta I want to see you getting married. The marriage will be held the next week and the groom is my best friend Revathi's grandson."

"Dadi I just graduated I am yet to do my post-graduation", I interrupted in between almost in shock.

"It's okay they are open-minded, you can complete your studies after your marriage too". she said.

"but dadi I'm just 21, Neha didi is elder than me why not marry her first?" I said crying.

"No, I just want to see your marriage. I have already given the marriage proposal and they are also ready. Don't you want me to die peacefully? Nothing more, this is my last wish I hope you can fulfill it", she said and turned to the other side.

"Dadu...", I looked at my grandpa for support and he looked away.

I looked at everyone's faces and that clearly told me that everyone knew this already. I looked at dad he gave me a forced smile.

I had to decide now. She has always been with my support in all the darkest days. She is also my secret keeper. She would support me in my decisions but that doesn't mean I can marry someone out of the blue just because she requested me. I was in a dilemma.

I looked at her the words came out of my mouth involuntarily because I loved her I had to fulfill her last wish because she's my world.

"Dadi, Okay I'm ready for the marriage but I have one request"

"what request?", my mom glared at me but I was adamant about what I am gonna say.

"The person I am gonna marry should be handsome, rich and the marriage should be on the theme "Fairy tale". And also the man shouldn't be a divorcee" I said. Since this is my marriage then this should be how I wished it to be.

Grandma laughed as she turned back.

"You almost said all the characteristics of your groom and also the wedding will in the way you want", she said as she coughed.

Next week is my marriage and before that, I need to prepare my mind in a way that I could handle everything after marriage. I have one week of singlehood left.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

SORRY IF THERE ARE SOME GRAMMATICAL MISTAKES BECAUSE IT'S MY FIRST TIME WRITING.