13

"You don't cross my mind, you live in it"

AYUSHMAN'S POV

Marriage is a life-long journey that thrives on love, commitment, trust, respect, communication, patience, and companionship but when we married we had didn't have any of these and especially love. I am in love with my ex-girlfriend and my wife, I don't know much about her. We have barely shared a proper conversation since our marriage.

 To conclude it straightforwardly, we are still strangers living in the same house, but why am I staring at her sleeping face when it's 3 am.

The most shocking thing is that I was helping her when I was supposed to be attending a very important conference call. I have no idea what's happening to me. It never happened before.

It took a very long time to complete her work, mostly done by me because she slept halfway on my shoulders. I thought of leaving it just like that but I don't know why the fuck did I complete it. It feels like the teacher is doing his own assignment.

I thought she was smart and that was the reason she chose maths as her subject but she doesn't even remember a simple formula and equations. I wonder how did she even get into this university.

But the most important thing to look at here is why I offered to help her? Did I willingly do that? Of course, you willingly did that you dumbass she never asked you or she might not have even expected that you would help her.

What's wrong with me? I have never done such things before and I never behaved the way I"m behaving now.

Uhhh, I don't think there's any use in thinking about this at this hour.

Probably I need to give rest to my eyes, my brain and stop staring at her like a pervert.

AUTHOR'S POV

Diyanshi was sleeping at the edge of the bed, so she fell on the floor. She got startled. She didn't realize that she was in Ayushman's room. She curled herself planning to sleep again on the floor until she saw Ayushman who was sleeping by keeping only his head on the bed and body on the floor in a half-sitting position.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh", she yelled.

Ayushman woke up in a twitch.

"What happened", he asked worriedly.

"What are you doing in my room", she asked.

"This is my room".

"What am I doing in your.....uhh...yeah I must have slept while doing the assignments", she said"Assignments.....oh assignments did I leave halfway? OMG I'm doomed today", she panicked.

"You completed it all", he said.

"Huh! Really?"

"Yeah, you can check it"

She goes and opens the book and by seeing all the works done.

"Thank god I completed it and thank you for your help", she said smiling.

"Ah!Um welcome", he said getting up."Umm So, washup or else you'll be late for college"

"Oh yes!", she says and gets up to leave but stops halfway and turns back to look at Ayushman.

"I'll treat you meal someday and thanks again for helping me", she then turns and leaves to her room for getting refreshed.

But the words she said made Ayushman's heart flutter once again and he stood there still trying to ease down his heartbeat.

He then got a shower and headed down.

Diyanshi was stuffing her mouth with all the food items she found on the dining table.

He turned towards the door and walked that way.

"You came earlier than expected", he said to the person.

"Yeah! There wasn't any traffic so I got her early", the person.

As soon as Diyanshi heard the voice she turned back to see who it was.

"Neha di", she said in surprise and walked towards them.

"What are you doing here?", Neha asked in shock.

"You know each other?", Ayushman asked in confusion.

"Yeah", they both said together.

"She's my cousin", said Diyanshi."Yeah, you might not know because she wasn't there at the wedding".

"But why are you here...and wedding?", Neha asked in a dilemma.

"Oh, you haven't met him yet, right? He's the person I'm married to. In short my husband"

"What", she yelled.

Ayushman and Diyanshi looked at her wondering what happened to her.

"Is it that shocking to know that I've married him"

"No, Nothing like that. It's just that I was surprised that my boss is also my brother in law"

"Professional and personal life should not be mixed here", said Ayushman.

"Yes sir", Neha said.

Neha looked at Diyanshi with complete hatred which made Diyanshi wonder what's wrong with her.

"So, miss Neha have you bought the documents that I asked you to bring?"

"Yes Sir", she said and handed him the documents.

After which they headed towards the study.

_______________________________________