17

"You are the only exception"

DIYANSHI'S POV

My In-laws, Neha didi, and my brother stared at us as we broke the kiss.

I jumped up in horror while Ayushman was still in the bed. Embarrassment flew inside my body like oxygen. It was such an awkward moment.

"Did we disturb you guys?", my MIL teased touching my shoulder.

"No...." I shuttered. "Okay I'll go and bring medicines", I shuttered and rushed out. 

Phew, that was such an awkward situation, and how tf did I end up being in it?

"You're such a liar"

"What do you mean?", I turned back to face Neha di.

"You were acting as if you are ready to leave him anytime before and look at you, being all lovey-dovey with him huh! You're such a bitch Diya."

I don't have enough energy to spend on entertaining her, let's just shrug.

I turned to get the first aid box.

"Oh! Wow now you are ignoring me"

"Di, please! I don't want to talk about it now"

"But I wanna talk about it now. Have you always been this shameless? Do you know why Rishab liked me not you? because he knew that I was better than you in everything."

Rishab! I'm not ready to talk on that topic now.

"Di I don't want to talk to you right now", I grabbed the first aid box and headed upstairs.

She grabbed me by my arm and made me stop.

"Why are you running away? I'm just telling the truth. Does Ayushman know how shamelessly you were tried to seduce Rishab but failed? Are you using the same technique on Ayushman too? Like I can't even imagine someone like Ayushman being in love with such a simple girl like you? He must be just fooling around. Since I've known him for so long let me tell you that he'll get bored of you soone...."

"Shut up. If you dare to spell another word I swear I'll forget that elder than me", I almost yelled.

AYUSHMAN'S POV

"So, finally someone was able to melt this cold heart of yours.", Mom giggled.

"Mom!"

"I didn't expect it to be her, to be honest. But she's cute.", dad commented.

"Yeah she's cute.", I mumbled.

They laughed altogether with a guy standing at the back. I looked at him.

"You....", I said pointing at him.

"Oh hi! I'm Dev. We met at the wedding don't you remember brother-in-law?"

"Oh! Yes, I remember. "

Tbh I don't remember. I wasn't focusing on anything during the wedding and just wanted it to end as soon as possible.

"So, how are...", he was about to ask but we heard the sound of someone yelling so we all rushed downstairs.

"So, why are you yelling? What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of what will happen if Ayushman got to know your little tactics? or Are you afraid of him knowing about Rishab? Just Chill Diya, you said right you'll divorce him so what are you being afraid of?"Neha said.

Divorce? Does she want to divorce me? And who's is Rishab?

"Enough! You have spoken a lot and I've always been hearing it silently but not today.", Diyanshi said.

She looked as if she could cry anytime. Her face was burning with anger.

"This is my turn to speak and you have to listen keeping your mouth shut.", she said pointing a finger towards Neha.

What's going on here? Why are they fighting?

"First of all, I am not afraid of anything and why should I be? I have done nothing wrong. Secondly, the thing about Ayushman knowing about Rishab is between me and him. It's none of your business. Lastly, why would I divorce my husband for absolutely no reason? I am not divorcing him."

"You liar! didn't you say earlier that.."

"I never did. It was you who had asked me, wait no, you demanded that I should divorce him. I never said yes"

"You", she said her arm to slap her but was caught by Dev.

"Neha di enough. Let's go. Sorry, Diya di she's not in her right mind now I'll her home. You take care", Dev said and pulled Neha out of the home.

"I think we should leave too since you look fine.", Mom said and Diyanshi turned amused.

"Maa and Papa", she said and touched their feet to take blessings.

"Sorry, you had to witness such..."

"It's okay child. We are family now and fights are common between sisters. Go and rest now both of you. We'll be going. ", dad said patting her head and leaving with mom.

"Who's Rishab?", I asked her as she was about to walk upstairs.

"You don't have to know.", she said and started walking.

"Hey listen.", I yelled following her from behind.

"Where's my medicine?"

She handed me the first aid box and continued walking.

"Which one should I eat?"

She took the first aid box and handed me paracetamol from it.

"I'm speaking to you right"

"Ayushman, I'm not in the mood to talk right now", she said turning towards the direction of her room.

"Okay, let's sleep then"

"Okay! Good night! don't forget to take your medicine"

"I meant let's sleep together"

"What?"

"Let's sleep together", I said holding her hand taking her to my room.

__________________________________________________________

Sorry for the delay! Gonna be consistent from now on :)