14

"You're my sunshine on a rainy day"

DIYANSHI'S POV

After some time Neha di came out of the study and looked at me in a dreadful way.

We aren't like other cousins or maybe sisters who fight a lot and love each other. We hardly speak with each other and seriously I don't even know her properly even though we have lived in the same room for more than ten years. 

It always felt as if she was a stranger. I always thought maybe she doesn't like me but as the years went by I started to feel that she doesn't even want me in the family and that's the reason why she was so eager for my marriage.

"How can you do this to me?", she said.

"What did I do?"

"If I would have known that he is the person dadi was asking you to get married with, I would have married him instead of you", she mumbled.

"What", I asked because the words weren't clear.

"Do you know why dadi asked you to marry even though I should be the one marrying first?"

"I guess because you declined it"

"No! It was because she knew that I am in love with someone else"

"Ok, So..", I said.

She looked at me in the eye and took a deep breath.

"Diya, I love Ayush, he was and is the one I'm in love with all along"

"Okay", I said without the point she wanted to prove to me.

"Are you seriously ok with it? You fucking married the person I've loved for almost three years"

"What? Ayush?... Ayushman?"

"Yes, Diya. If I knew he is the one I would have been at your place. I would have been his wife. If only I knew."

I am confused. I don't know how to react to this.

"Divorce him"

"Huh", I said looking at her.

"Yes, You are also very young for marriage, I will handle the family. You just divorce him and give him to me. He belongs to me. In my whole life, I have never asked you anything so, please give him to me. You don't love him and won't you be happy if someone who loves him can by his side. Anyways we are going to Spain for a very important business so after we come from there I'll marry him"

"We?"

"Yeah, Ayush and me"

"Oh, would you like to have some tea or coffee?"

"It's okay I'll make it myself. Anyways I'll be living here from next month so I'll get used to it now. You can go, or you'll be late for college"

I nodded and took my bag and left. 

There are people like her who are always on the stage floor but there are people who are always backstage like me. Since childhood, I was always behind her. She was good at everything, let it be studies, sports, dance or anything, she was the best.

 I on the other was an average student. I was never jealous of her but instead, she inspired me to do more hard work. There was also a time when she was my idol but she never allowed me to get close to her. She had boundaries, not for other family members but only me.

But this time when she said that she loves Ayushman I felt uneasy. I felt as if she is asking me to give something very important to me. Something or someone that is very dear to me.

I never felt this uneasiness even being the second-best in my family. 

I have not spent much time with Ayushman either. So, I can't tell that I felt uneasy because I love him because I know that I don't.

I have only felt this type of uneasiness when she asked the teddy which I loved the most. I had to give her that because she wanted it and my mom said that sisters should share their things.

Maybe I felt uneasiness because the title of his wife only belonged to me and couldn't be shared with anyone else and he is only my husband, not anyone else's.

But I never knew that this would also be taken away from me.

__________________________________________