23

"Being vulnerable, letting people in, getting hurt... it's all part of being in love."

DIYANSHI'S POV

I got up as he walked down to look who was there at this hour.

It's been almost ten minutes since he went and hasn't come back yet. Is there any problem? Probably I should just go and check.

I got up from the bed and made my way towards the stairs.

I saw a woman and as I went ahead I saw his hands in hers. Something felt weird in my chest. I felt congested ad just wanted to run away from there. 

But I can be wrong too Ayushman isn't someone who'll do anything to hurt me.

"Ayushman", I said and he turned towards me.

"It's not like what you think", he said removing his hands from her hold.

"Who's she?", both the women and I said at the same time.

Who the hell is she to ask this question standing at my own house?

"Diyanshi listen to me it is not what--", Ayushman panicked.

"Your mom compelled me to leave you", said the woman interrupted.

Wtf are they even talking about?

"What nonsense is this Radhika? How can you--", he said

"I'm serious Ayush, she's the one that asked me to leave"

Wait, What? Radhika?

"Radhika?", I climbed down the stairs and both looked towards me.

"Yas Radhika,  and who are you?", she said taking steps toward me.

Tell her you're his wife. Tell her she needs to get tf out of your house this instant. But something inside me feels hesitant to tell this.

I look at Ayush and he seemed in a weird tension.

"Ayushman", I say keeping my hand on his shoulder.

"Why the hell are you touching him?", she says removing my hand from his shoulders.

"Wtf I'm his--"

"Radhika please leave right now", Ayushman yells at her.

"But Ayush--"

"I said leave this instant. It's too late right now and I'll talk to you tomorrow"

"Fine but who is she? Your cousin?"

"I'll tell you everything tomorrow so please leave"

She leaves the house with a sigh and I look at him.

"Is it so hard for you just say that I'm your wife", I climb up the stairs.

"It's not like that Diyanshi. Just trust me", he says following me from behind.

We stand facing each other in the hallway.

"Why was she here?'

"Uh It's something I just can't say right now?"

"I deserve better than this, you know?"

"What do you mean? I can't--"

"I deserve . . . I deserve to be someone's number one girl.", I say trying to control the tears from falling I don't know where this is coming from. Why am I telling this now?

"You are."

"No, I'm not. She is. You're still protecting her, her secret, whatever that is. From what, though? From me? What have I ever done to her?", and the tears fell uncontrollably.

"No No it's nothing like that", he says coming forward to wipe my tears.

"Don't come any further" and he stops. I wipe my tears to face him again.

"You know there's a Korean word my grandma taught me. It's called Jung. It's the connection between two people that can't be severed, even when love turns to hate. You still have those old feelings for them; you can never completely shake them loose of you; you will always have tenderness in your heart for them. You will always have that tenderness in your heart for Radhika and I just can't stand it. I feel as if I'm the wrong person here like I should be the one leaving you right now not her because it's always been her always", my voice cracks.

"If two people are meant to be, they'll find their way to each other just like we found each other. As I always say no matter who I was in my past it's always you and will be you the moment you entered my life. You aren't going anywhere, You can't just leave me right now. I just want you to trust me on this and believe that I would never do anything to hurt you. You are the love of my life, there will be no other like you. You are my wife and you have all the rights to be in my life and you're not going anywhere ", he says cupping my face in his hands. I could the tears in his eyes and the desperation to just have me by his side.

And I know now too that in some small measure I have the power to hurt him and also the power to make it better. For the last time in my life, I've decided to trust him.

I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does.

For the briefest of moments his eyes search mine, and I know he's looking for reassurance. That's when I put my arms around him and hug him tight to me, tight enough that he knows I'm here; I won't let go.

"Listen to me carefully", I whisper in his ears.

___________________________________

THANK YOU <3

What would you do if you had been in Diyanshi's place?

check out my new story "My best friend's crush"