26) A surprising encounter (4-5/4-10)

Lumi/Louie POV

It has already been a day, and I can clearly feel the missing atmosphere of other students. I kind of feel lonely, but it doesn't bother me that much. I managed to meet Mal again and wish him a happy holiday. We talked a little more before he had to leave, and I accidentally told him about my birthday. I quickly told him to not bother giving me anything, since I am used to it.

''Wow, Look at all that snow.'' Cheer Grim and get me out of my thoughts, as we both exit the Ramshackle to do our wood job. ''It is like a winter wonderland.''

''Yeah, it is.'' I agreed and look over my shoulder to check on someone. I am carrying Nevermore in my hood og my winter jacket, since she is still drowsy. A bonus thing about being alone on the school, with three merfolk that know my secret, can I wear my normal winter coat. There is no reason to cover my gender.

''Those fire fae are probably starting to feel a little chilly, so we should get them some firewood.'' Point Grim out and run on all four towards a wood sled we got from the ghost janitor before he left. Luckily is the wood not far from the dorm, so we quickly stash up the sled. ''And we can see if there is anything to eat in the kitchen while we are there.''

''Hey, Nevermore. Do you want to pull the sled?'' I ask my baby dragon. Nevermore do a big yawn before jumping of my hoodie. I smile at her and give her the rope to the sled. She take in her mouth and slowly pull the sled along with her as she walks, but Grim is behind the sled to push if she gets tired. ''Can we have a quick stop at the library? I need a book.''

''I don't think it won't be a problem.'' Says Grim up to me. We quickly walk pass the library, so that I can find a book about animals. I have a feeling that, whatever Nevermore is feeling, is similar to animals hibernating. So I wanna read and find out if her signals are the same as other animals when it is winter.

''Alright, next stop, the cafeteria.'' I say when I return back outside with the book in hand. When we arrive at the cafeteria, do we both shiver of the cold temperature in the hallways of the school. It is slightly warmer in here.

 It is slightly warmer in here

''It is freezing out there.'' Shiver Grim and shake his freezing body. ''I thought my paws were gonna turn to ice. Let's get that wood into the fireplace.''

''Yeah, yeah.'' I say and start putting the wood into the firepit. I stack it, so it would last longer, but easy to start. A thing I learned from Vargas-sensei. I try to start a match, but it won't lit up and breaks. ''Nevermore, would you please.''

''Rarw.'' Growl Nevermore really tired, but spit out nice and warm fire, and lit up the fireplace.

''Good girl, Nevermore.'' I praise her and lift her up, to place her in my hoodie again.

''*Ringing Bells*'' I jump at the sudden noise and see some kind of fairy that looks like it is on fire. Its hair, shoes and dress is moving like living fire.