35) Happy Birthday

3rd POV

During the calming night of Chrismas the 24 December, is Lumi giving Nevermore a bath before they turn in for the night. Most of the day was spend with her friends, who made her an amazing breakfast and lunch, where they all celebrated her tenth champion victory. Sadly, they had to return home, but Lumi made sure that the Dark Mirror was open so that they could come back without taking public transport. But what she didn't know of, is that her friends behind her back, is planning a special surprise for her. Cater has been posting about the up coming birthday on his magicam account and the others would make sure she won't look at her phone at all. The Octavinelle group has the job to keep her away from the social media until her birthday, since they are kind of sleeping in Ramshackle with Lumi and Grim for the winter, so they won't be all alone. Kalim and Jamil is planning the surprise dinner for Lumi as a thank you for saving their dorm, while Heartslabyul group is in charge of the decoration. Jack volunteered to hide the presents. Some of the other students, who is friends with her and wanna celebrate Lumi's birthday, send their presents through express delivery.

''So, everything ready for tomorrow?'' Ask Azul over the phone.

''We have the decoration ready.'' Answer Trey over the chat.

''My family's chef will come by around noon and start making the meals.'' Answer Kalim excited.

''And we have planned how to get Lumi off the school ground.'' Inform Jade and look towards the hallway, where Grim is standing on guard if Lumi comes out of the bathroom earlier than expected.

''Then it is settled.'' Says Riddle and conclude their plan. ''You get Lumi out of the school at 12, and come back at 16.''

''Understood.'' Says the trio together, when they suddenly hear Grim yelp. They look and spot Lumi closing the bathroom door with Nevermore cuddling in a towel.

''Well, see you later. I come home when the ice has melted.'' Says Azul and end the phone call.

''Was that your mom?'' Ask Lumi curious for the call. Azul gulped and quickly come up with a lie.

''Yeah. She asked when I would come home for a visit.'' Lie Azul, feeling a little bad to do that since Lumi is a sweet innocent girl. 

''How sweet you are still in contact with her.'' Says Lumi and set Nevermore down on the coffee table to dry her even more. ''I think I am gonna go to bed, cause I am still tired from dealing with two overblot episode, one competition and a small celebration.''

''That is understandable.'' Says Jade and escort her room upstairs. When they are gone, sighed Azul in releave.

''That was too close.'' Sighed Azul and take off his glasses for a moment.

''Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.'' Says Floyd excited, chilling at the couch.

''Indeed it will.'' Agree Azul and stand up. They turn in for the night, so that they are ready for tomorrow.

*Time skip*

Lumi/Louie POV

I yawn and feel Nevermore laying on my stomach. But she is not the one who is waking me up. It is someone shaking me awake.

''Happy birthday, Lumi.'' I hear the familiar voice of Azul. I slowly open my eyes to meet his sky blue eyes.

''Good morning.'' I greet and sit up, making sure that Nevermore is in my arms, so she won't fall down. Then I noticed that the twins aren't in here.

''Breakfast is ready, so get dressed and meet us down there.'' Inform Azul to me and takes Nevermore of my arms. ''A present actually came this morning. It is from Crewel-sensei, and seeing he is a fashion design in his spare time, do I believe it is some clothes. You can find it in the bathroom.''