2) Living situation (0-7/0-13)

Lumi/Louie POV

After dealing with not only the three ghosts, but also my dad, do we finally get a break. And Grim needed it the most to get his breath.

''Hee-haaa... How about that.'' Breathed Grim out and look up at my dad.

''I can't believe... there is a person who can control monsters.'' Says dad impressed, which shocked me because I didn't control Grim. I just guided him at where he should shoot his flames. ''Hmmm... Actually, my teacher-senses were telling me since the uproar during the entrance ceremony that you have talent as an animal or wild beast trainer. But... no matter how...'' Dad starts to mumble something, that I didn't quite understand.

''I would like to point out, that I didn't control Grim, just helped him aim right.'' I informed quietly, which got me a glare from Grim. But sadly, didn't it stop dad from mumbling. He must be thinking really hard to find a solution for us both. But that said, is there a high change that he still wanna kick Grim out again and I would feel bad for that. He helped me out with the ghosts, so I only see it is fair if I help him. ''Could you possible let Grim stay here with me?''

''What? A monster, staying here?'' Dad question got dad out of his thoughts and start listening to us. Since I have been living with dad for as long as I remember, do I know that he is still against it, so I need to use my little trick that I know works every time. I step closer to him and look directly at him, with open eyes and plead.

''Please.'' My puppy eyes will melt him.

''... Okay... It can't be helped.'' It worked, as always.

''Huh? Really?'' Cheer Grim happily.

''However. I can't simply allow someone, let alone a monster, into school who wasn't selected by Dark Mirror. Also, I can't let you be a freeloader here until you return home.'' Warned dad serious, which I quite understand.

''Well... talk about short-lived joy...'' Mumble Grim a little surprised.

''Listen until the end.'' Says dad and continue with his lecture. ''Concerning the fact that you soul was called here, the school has to take responsibility as the owners of the Dark Mirror. For the time being, will you be permitted to stay in this dormitory for free. BUT, other necessities will you have to provide for yourself. Seeing as you have nothing to your name... Fufu, here is my proposition.'' Oh, no. I know that smile. He is about to use this situation for his own benefit. ''No need to fret. I will have you do maintenance and odd jobs around campus. From what I can see, you are pretty decent at cleaning. Would you two like to become the 'handyman' of the school? This way, will you receive special permission to remain on school grounds. For I am gracious.''

''So, I may look around and maybe get some friends?'' I ask with a happy tone. If I get to stay and get some friends my age, then I wouldn't mind doing chores, because I did that all the time back home.

''Only after your work is done.'' Added dad serious. I just nodded and smile.

''It is fine by me.'' I agreed, but for Grim.

''Eeeh? I am not okay with that.'' Whine Grim. He then glares at dad and huffed. ''I wanna wear that fancy uniform and be a student.''

''It is fine if you are unsatisfied. I will simply toss you out again.'' Pointed dad out, which make Grim change his mind.

''Ffgnaa? I get it. I just have to do it. Just do it.'' A thing I know about my dad, is that he is really good at using situation like these to get what he wants. It is sometime a good thing, but other times annoying.

''Wonderful. Then, you two are starting tomorrow. Be the best handyman's at Night Raven College.'' Says dad and walk up the stairs. We follow him up.