59) Night Raven Quest (6-66/6-67)

(These chapters are so good damn looong, so please bear with me for cutting some of the original story, but it also make it easier for me to update a bit faster.)

Lumi POV

We all stood still in the middle of the asylum, to think of a strategi to find the staff member, without having to encounter any of the phantoms trapped in here. Only a few is slightly awake, but too weak to escape the cages.

''This is gonna be hard.'' Mumble Epel and look at a cage. ''These look so thick, that it is a miracle that we can even hear the employee.''

''A miracle...'' I repeated those words, with a small humm, looking at all the cages. This time, we don't get a hint of where to look, so anyone of these cages can contain the employee. But this is also a trap, to keep us from reaching the Underworld, so there must be some kind of trick to pass this 'test' and move forward. ''Epel has a point.''

''I do?'' Ask Epel surprised of my words, for speaking up so sudden.

''It is a miracle we can hear the staff, trapped in one of these.'' I repeat what he said and start thinking out loud. ''These cages are thick and we have now experienced that a phantom's roar, are so loud, that it can easily get through the thickness of the wall for us to hear. But we humans can't make the same loud noise. We won't even be close to compare.''

''So there ain't any staff trapped in one of these cages.'' Finish Vil for me and seems to get where I am going at. I nodded to that and look at the closes cage.

''Exactly. I believe, it is a speaker making those calls for help. Loud enough for us to hear, but low enough to sound 'realistic' to sound like a human and not a phantom.'' I say with confident of my suspicious, but I still doubted myself because of a second thought. ''Though, this might also be a phantom, who is awake and has the ability to mimic voices and is luring us to a trap.''

''Then where could the keycard be, Lumi?'' Ask Rook kindly and support my theories. I humm yet again and think this through. Again, we didn't get a clue on where to look this time, and that was a trick to get us away from the keycard. 

''Either there ain't any keycard or the cage with the voice has it, along with a strong phantom.'' I point out to them and got some nods from the three. ''Or a third option, that it is at the most difficult cage to get to.''

''Then let's start with the voice.'' Confirmed Vil and start listening for the voice, still calling out for help. Some loud bangs can be heard from above, from the phantoms slowly waking up.

''Help me...'' Call the voice so faint.

''Over there.'' Says Rook and lead the way to a cage. We take a small moment to listen, to verify that it is the cage.

''So cold...'' Yep, this is the cage.

''Staff-san, are you there?'' Call Rook out loud.

''Yes... I am here... Please... Please open this now... Quick.'' Beg the staff from within, really weak.

''Stay away from the door and crouch down, here I come.'' Warn Vil and open his spell book, to come with something strong to break the cage.

''Ah, I can finally go out...'' Moan the 'staff' member and slowly comes out of the cage, only to revealed my theory was true. A slimy, inky phantom crawls out of the cage with a glass head shaped like a disco ball. a ton of black mist exit from its body, making it slightly hard to see.

''T-The mist inside this cage is...'' Gulp Epel and take a step back, but also get to stand in front of me.

''I am free. Hahahaha.'' Laughed the phantom and get completely out of the cage.