18

We Failed | Tsukikage [E D I T E D]
By: Zackdesaii

//sometimes hiding is hard. Once you indulge yourself, they find you out. They break you. If they do that, it's over.

//I'm still not confident about giving genres, slightly angst

//if you know the artist,,, please be kind and inform me to credit them properly thank you!

#Tsukikage #slightangst

**

It may have been because they chose the wrong decisions that time, that they now bear the shackles from the past. Kei was an overthinker, and would always choose Kageyama over anything else. However that night, he wasn't given much choice, leave Kageyama and marry Yachi, or they will get rid of the boy and then he'll have no reason to decline. What should he eat for dinner?

Tsukishima decided to not think about it, but as he thought about dinner his phone rang as if on cue.

"Family dinner. Now. " he wasn't given a chance to reply, making him sigh as he stuff the phone back in his pocket. Not before noticing 26 new messages from Tobio, though.

He decided to ignore those, he doesn't know what to reply after all. He just wanted to retire from his life. Log out of life then lose his password for all he care. He knew Kageyama would be in pain the most, and that thought pained him more than he wished it would. If only Kageyama would forget about him in his busy routine, find anyone that would make him happier than Kei made him.

..

That was the only thing he wished, gulping the lump on his throat.

"I love you, King. " he whispered, eyes locking at the thick ring that placed on his ring finger. "I really do." but this is the best choice we have.

***

Kageyama Tobio went through the bustling city with a heavy pile of papers that needed to be printed. Sweat rolled down his temple as he hurried to the second nearest computer shop, which isn't near at all, his heart trying to chase behind his accelaration. He definitely feels the weigh of the papers, and the weigh of his legs that's begging for retire.

However in amidst of this frantic thinking about how far time left him, the church bell rang loud. It sort of made everything slow, as if pulling his attention - and he did. Just two blocks away, the church stood firm and tall in its regal dress, flowers in full bloom flooded the sides of the entrance.
Ah, a wedding. It must be nice walking towards the altar, your partner waiting for you, and both of you saying your vows to God.

Yes, it must be nice..

Immediately after realizing that, he subconsciously glanced over the ring Kei had given him. It was the same as the one he gave to the other, and he snicker as he reminisce about how they proposed at each other at the same time, and how even though they're not married, they felt perfectly like that---newly weds. Hm. Maybe he'll call him later once he's done printing the papers, maybe offer lunch since it's been a while, or maybe he'll try matching his schedule at the afternoon for dinner, it's their anniversary afterall, but he doesn't have the chance to think about that thoroughly, right?

His heart beat started to be a string of painful thuds, not because of the long run, but because of the man he saw walk out of the church in his clean white tuxedo, with his bride clinging on his arm.

Tsukishima Kei. Yachi Hitoka--ah, right. Tsukishima Hitoka.

Kageyama Tobio completely stopped, forgetting about the time he desperately chased a second ago. When did it start? Everything regressing more than usual should've made sense to him. But why now? Why today? 365 days, 12 months, there are many combinations they could've decided on but they chose their anniversary. Is this it? Had they found out already?