20

This Empty Space | Tsukikage
By: Zackdesaii

//this is from a song my brother would repeatedly play. I don't get much of the lyrics except for 'this empty space' and the song sounded sad.

//rushed, no connect with the song ig

**

Love... Doesn't always go for both sides. You may love someone, but it doesn't mean that you'll be loved back--by the same person, at least. Though as time goes on he couldn't say he's still believing love is something more than a family bond.

Except for that one time, when all hell gone loose.

The history started to take record that night, the sky just turned their deep midnight blue cloak for the creatures below to see, the home to the glistening stars and the elegant moon priding herself of her own beauty.

However, that was not what caught Kageyama Tobio's attention, but instead a tall blond, rude as heck and a, potential stalker of his, importantly a first year and his soon-to-be teammate. He won't be anything but an acquaintance this time since he and his green freckled friend turned out to be their temporary foe this coming Saturday. Indeed, the moon was above itself, didn't he said his name is Tsukishima? It's funny how he can see through the dark as good as he could remember, later on wishing he's a little bit night blind to never see a smirk he would gladly rip off the said guy as the other mock him like he knows about his life.

Like he knows about his fears.

Kageyama refused to give in to his poisoning words, but god he wanted to punch someone( preferably that Tsukishima guy, pulp him to dust for all he cares).

He was too rude that night, kept on provoking the royal king who was obviously chained to it like an anchor. The bruises are deep and fresh, and the moon being salty as he always had been, graced salt onto the wound, rubbing until bleeding became a relief to his self-blame.

Tsukishima never cared for someone else's feelings. Not after the brother incident. Though he's an asshole, everything have exemptions-- like Yamaguchi. He mostly ignores the guy, but he knows if someone tried to poke one finger to the only one who stayed by his side despite his mouth's brutality, he'll introduce a new Kei. Better pick someone else, Tsukishima's aren't known as fighters for nothin.

Matters aside, that night he was just looking for an entertainment, someone he could use for a little mental break showdown and yet--- something felt off.

Indeed, he did get his entertainment alright, but he also get a freebie, something he never wished for--- attraction.

This feeling that he knew all too well, something that he thought could only be dedicated to dinosaurs and strawberry shortcakes, alas, can also be granted to a tyrant king.

To be honest he just hated the guy after seeing that one match, because he puts everything in all his plays, like his brother when talking about practices and practice matches, he's not afraid to lose anything like fucking idiots-- but the play showed him otherwise. When he saw that face from Kitagawa Daichi's number 9, his mind immediately regressed to the revealing truth about his brother's lies. He's not a player. He's not on the bench. He's up there with the cheerleaders, just across him. He's not part of the pack and yet when he heard him cry, a tiny bit of his heart broke. Trust wasn't given easily, he's become distant to other people, mocking them to hide what he wanted for yes- for the sake of being honest to the emptiness of nothing- he wished something were different before his trust was broken. He wished he didn't feel his heart drop down to his stomach, he wished he could've talked to his brother normally, as if everything's the same. He wished he didn't have to be so attached to volleyball then through his brother's bragging, he wished for many other things.