21.6

A/N: never thought this would have more than two parts- deal is still on

==========================

Glancing back to the sound of the cicadas buzzing outside in the backyard's tall greens, Kageyama could have sworn he was becoming mad. Truly mad.

He cared less for skipping class, he never liked studying anyway, but he missed practice for something like avoiding what may have been the fruitful outcome of the ginger's confession in the group chat participated by all of Japan. JAPAN.

Now, if their decoy successfully conveyed his feelings using a song, and if, Tsukishima shared the same feelings, the murder he'll commit to force the witnesses to zero will create a mountain for his desperate calls. Though, he should also consider that it will mean eradicating all of Japan's volleyball teams in Miyagi, some in Tokyo, some in Hyogo, and maybe in Kyoto- Kageyama didn't want to remember for it just pile more stress to him. Too many teams means too many people he'd have to beg to drain all memories regarding that one confession, but he's not ready to bare himself to them.

Yeah, too much to even fix an already lost mess.

The screen of the phone caught his peripheral vision, reminding him that he hadn't touched it since he let go of his position as the second lead in the song. He stared back at it, preparing for a retortion if the inanimate object snarled at him for being selfish. He formulated retorts if indeed, the phone scoffed at him, hiding behind a scorn of his own.

He ignored the needles poking at him into a sick crave to vomit anything, as if his heart has decided to crawl out of his mouth if it ever wanted to survive undead; thinking that having no host is better than being stabbed to death by nonexistent spades.

Kageyama sighed, tucking himself under the two-piece mantle that he lazily dragged to the ground just a feet away from the bed.

He wanted something hard- rough, like those calloused hands gripping him.

He never spared time to ponder on what happened behind his knowledge, except for the great want to play and also wanting to never get out of his cocoon to gain roots for the forever stay he planned to fill.

He lied on the floor for a long time, a couple times he would wake up with thick sweat but failing to give it more attention thus falling asleep again.

By the time sleep refused to give him any more satisfaction of fleeting from reality, there was no telling what time it is or what date is it today, he even forgot why he's under the thick blanket, bathing in his own sweat.

Brain still dazed, eyes partly closed in an attempt to sleep his hunger- when was the last time he's eaten? His lips quivered in an attempt to answer himself, but no words passed, instead, a string of footsteps dash its way to his bedroom.

He stiffened, an internal alarm in his head wearing off while his heart pushed him into scenarios where a snatcher, a robber, or a murderer would pull his mantle off and stab his chest with existing knives, watching at him with amusement as red pooled him into an easing life. He tumbled around, back first, and absolutely not anticipating the sharp steel. He knew for a fact how obvious his hiding place is- not that he's in the mindset of moving a muscle after the fall- not when the door to his room opened with force. How would someone enter his locked front door, or does the intruder have a key? -

He heard about something like that weeks ago. Something about this Master Key Grandpa Niho's friends talk about on a whim, infront of the gates just beside his own. Maybe, just maybe, it's his not-so-lucky day. Will he die without playing volleyball in that same day? Will he die not playing other teams again, even if it's a practice match?