seven.

chapter seven

[ season 2 | episode 3 ][ ice pick ]

[ ice pick ]

SHE DID NOT WANT TO BE AT SCHOOL. Instead of laying in bed with her T.V. playing reruns of Friends, she stood next to Erica with her arm leaning against on of Beacon Hills High's bright blue lockers. Ew. As the blonde twirled some hair and babbled on about some greasy kid hitting on her during first hour, Marley tried not to fall into that empty void of despair.

          The feeling climbed through her throat, bubbling beneath her skin and crawling so slowly across her bones. She felt like she'd either throw up or shatter at any moment— like a broken antique doll with a fake smile forever etched onto her face and empty eyes. It took all of her strength and focus to remember to breathe and to shake the feeling of suffocating away. In one last attempt to rid herself of the constant worry, she painted a smile on her lips and felt a mask of perfection slip over her body.

Erica rubbed a bit of smudged lipgloss from the corner of her lip, eyes staring straight into the mirror that sat gingerly in her locker. What she didn't see was Scott walking up next to the two girls with a fiery glare. Marley nudged her friend and nodded towards the omega.

          "Two's not enough for Derek. I know he needs at least three, so who's next?" He barely even raked his eyes over the biracial girl, focusing more on the seductive blonde. If there was one word to describe the new wolf, it'd be siren. She lured boys in by her secret giggles and flirty smiles before sinking her teeth into their ego and ripping them apart.

          Reyes hummed, slamming her locker shut and pasting a smile just like her friend's onto her glossed lips. "Why does there have to be a next one when we've already got you?"

          Scott's patience seemed the thin as the tall female stalked toward him like a lioness creeping towards pray. Erica Reyes was hot and she knew it. "Who's next?" His voice raised, urgency lining the two syllables.

          With a single look towards Marley, she decided to reach deep into her trauma and pull something dark from her soul. "You know, I never knew what I looked like during a seizure until someone took a video of me once and put it online," she said, her voice soft and tentative. A facade of safety waiting to trap him. One of Marlowe's heart strings tugged and she felt pity rising for the newfound friend of hers.

          "I don't care." Scott shook his head, trying not to pay attention to either of Derek's betas.

          Marley walked up, standing next to Erica and lifting her chin. She wasn't that submissive, weak little girl anymore. No, she was a wolf. She could kill with just one swipe of her hand and bring fear to even the strongest of men. Confidence should've oozed from every pore on her body, but, instead, it licked at her bones before hiding once more; leaving her as just a shell of a person. The whole confident, fear her thing was an act.