𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

prologue

[ season 1 | episode 11 ][ finality ]

[ finality ]

               MARLOWE GRAY ST. CLAIRE NEVER KNEW WHAT horrible crime she could've committed in a previous life to deserve the gut-wrenching punishment that was bestowed upon her. Why karma seemed to bring her to her knees at every turn. The girl was never too immoral, always taught to stay on the good side of things, never making a wrong decision in fear of angering whatever God watched from above. Sometimes she even dreamt that her soul was cast into the wrong reality — the wrong life.

When she moved in with her grandmother two years prior, she believed she'd already been dragged through the worst. Hell, there was absolutely no way any amount of pain could surpass the trauma she was put through as a child. Now, laying in the middle of the lacrosse field that she practiced in almost every day, she could feel the book of her life coming to a close. There. That's it, that's the end. In this story, there was no happy ending; just a sixteen year old girl laying in a puddle of her own blood with a man scrutinizing her every gasp and plead for life.

As a kid, she thought there would be peace in the final moments. That everything she'd been pulled through would somehow make sense and that the meaning behind her existence would finally be clear. Instead of the shining lights she dreamed of, Marley was met with the blank night sky. The clouds floating above made it near impossible to see the stars. She couldn't even die beneath her favorite view.

Struggling against the pain that came with teeth being plunged into her abdomen, she whimpered. A tear rolled across her cheek, falling into her ear. She never even got to tell her grandmother how she truly felt. Never got to express the gratitude she was faced whenever her eyes fell upon the wrinkly old woman.

The night was a blur, teenagers dancing and drinking punch, but all she seemed to remember was stumbling on the lacrosse field with a man grasping her bicep. He'd simply told her that she held promise, that he could feel the fire burning in her chest, begging to be let free. And then, like any sane chaperone at a high school dance, he bit her. It was a searing pain, something that accompanied the thought of death, one that struck her rib cage and held her heart hostage.

He knelt down, mumbling something amongst himself, before his gaze shot up and met the figure of a certain strawberry blonde. Lydia Martin's curls bounced, her tone that of a worried and love-stricken ex girlfriend. Her lips formed the name of her once boyfriend, the feeling familiar. Around her, the lights of the field lit up, illuminating everything but the body laying far enough out of sight.

Instead of her usual confident yelling, she held a more submissive, scared tone as a figure stalked towards her. He was feet away, his teeth already craving the feeling of digging into flesh, when another figure ran towards them, begging her to run. Stiles felt helpless, his legs not carrying him fast enough to save the girl who'd already become a victim of the alpha wolf. All he could do was beg for her life, his face a mere foot from the murderous beast.