eight.

chapter eight

[ season 2 | episode 4 ][ abomination ]

[ abomination ]

               MARLOWE WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING FEELING LIKE DEATH. The fighting from the day before took so much from her, both pride and energy. It put knots in places she didn't even know possible and made her nearly afraid to show her face in front of Scott again. And to think, the two were beginning to sort of, maybe not hate each other.

So, tired and sore, she wanted to be in a hot bath so badly, yearned for the feeling of that warm water on every single swollen muscle, but was stuck in that stupid, dusty station. She sat just above Boyd, the sides of her legs brushing against his shoulder. They were on the staircase, the uncomfortable seating making her knots worsen. The two watched as Isaac repeatedly ran at their Alpha, flipping over furniture and bouncing off walls, constantly getting thrown to the concrete. Soon after, Erica would try and surprise him, jumping from different high points and landing next to Isaac every single time.

Finally, the two merely grunted on the floor as Derek looked simply disgusted. He paced, arms twitching and eyes narrowing. "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?"

Erica, taking that as an invitation, jumped up from the ground and threw herself into him, her arms locking around his neck and lips pressing against his. They moved against each other for a few moments, making both Marley and Boyd turn away, until Derek pushed her off. She landed on her ass, next to Isaac again.

He wiped his lips, walking away. "That's the last time you do that."

"Why? 'Cause I'm a beta?" Despite her liking the blonde, Marley felt an incredible urge to roll her eyes. Derek gave her a new chance of life, a rebirth, yet she insulted him so easily?

"No," he began, his eyes holding something close to annoyance. "It's because I have someone else in mind for you."

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Isaac's body move. "Are we done?" He shifted even more, elbows holding his weight as he tried to stand. "'Cause I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal." Yeah, she knew that pain all too well.

Their alpha let a silent okay from his lips as he walked towards the figure and bent down. "Let me see." His hand gingerly took Isaac's. "Yeah?" With a sickening crack, the hand was bent backwards and Isaac was releasing a cry of pain. She moved from where she sat. "Hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you how to fight, huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive."

Ignoring the sheer emphasis in that last word, she began moving closer to the two boys. "Derek. Ease up a bit. It's not exactly that easy to become a killing machine." She ignored the sharp glare he sent her.