Chapter 13: In A Silent Way Part 2

[14:03 New York City, Residence of F

[14:03 New York City, Residence of F. Valentine II.]

"Good day, Mr. President, your speech was truly inspiring I must say," The person said.

"Have my thanks but I would like to know who I'm talking to," Valentine replied.

"I'm the leader of the World Serpent, you can simply call me Kevin."

Even though the leader of the organization World Serpent was at the other end of the cable, Valentine kept his cool and wasn't that impressed or intimidated.

"I see, so you have decided to call me now after my speech, leader of World Serpent," Valentine said, causing the ones in the meeting room to look shocked as not even Otto or Welt would have expected that the leader himself would simply call the President via the phone. 

"But a person like you must have some important things to do, so I guess your call must be something important to you."

"Not really, Mr. President. It is the exact opposite of as we have something of great importance for you," Kevin replied.

"And that would be?" The blond man asked.

"I know that you are searching for a corpse, and I have a part of it."

"Ah, yes, the woman that goes by the name Raven told me that when she invaded my mansion."

"I'm willing to give you the Left Arm in exchange for your cooperation," The 'sire' of World Serpent said.

"We will meet at a neutral place that I will decide and tell you later, we will talk about the details of this deal when we meet personally," Valentine said to Kevin in a tone that makes clear that Kevin doesn't has any space to negotiate about that.

"Very well, I will await your call. Goodbye for now, Mr. President."

"Until then." 

Valentine then cut the call and looked at his allies and stayed silent for a moment until the Overseer began to speak.

"If you decide to personally go and retrieve the Corpse Part, then let me go with you. I also recommend taking Fu Hua with you, just in case something bad happens."

"I also would like to join you, Mr. Valentine," Welt said to the blond President.

"Joachim, are you sure?" Einstein asked the leader of Anti-Entropy.

"Yes, I am," He replied.

"Very well, I have no objection," Valentine said ending the topic.

"Now, to come back to what I originally called you was to inform you that Sandman was able to discover the location of the Spine of the Saint's Corpse."

As he said this, the Valkyries were surprised to hear this, but a few of them had some doubts, mainly on Anti-Entropy's side.

"How can you be so sure about it that it is the Spine and not something else?" Tesla asked, doubting the skill of Valentine's loyal Stand Users and subordinates.