Chapter 22

Aidan carried me through the dark streets of New Jersey, I was still very much intoxicated with poison but I was starting to sober up. I could tell it was a long road ahead of me though. Aidan began walking into a block of apartments about 20 floors high. Residents looked at us weird, to be honest it probably looked like he was kidnapping me or something I mean I was too drunk to walk and he was carrying me bridal style so it was easy for him to take advantage of me.

He stepped into the elevator still carrying me,  and pressed the button for level 10. The elevator jolted before slowing rising to floor 10, this sense of fear bubbled in my stomach as I only just realized how stupid I had been.

"Aidan, I think I can walk now." I mumbled, trying to make myself loud enough for him to hear. He completely ignored me, we just stood as the irritating elevator music droned on, it all brought back memories from when me and Frank used to complain and mess around in the elevator, he hated the music in elevators and made sure it was known to everyone.

I cleared my throat,  Aidan finally looked down at me before I could even repeat myself the doors opened with a little chime, that always annoyed Frank as well, the little chime which he always thought was useless, I tried to explain it probably was for the blind but he wasn't having it. Aidan carried me down the hall until we reached a wooden door coated in this forest green paint which was now slowly peeling off. He unlocked the door with me still in his arms and carried me into his apartment, I mean I'm sure I could walk now but yet he was still carrying me.

"Aidan I can walk." I sternly said, I really wanted to be put down, being carried just reminded me of my dad with his firm grip on my tiny body.

"Fine! Fine!" He slowly placed me down before lifting his arms up in defence. I flicked my hair over my shoulder and narrowed my eyes down at him.

"Why am I even here?" I glared, I had no reason to be here. I could be at home with Frank.

"You were too drunk to walk Diana! I couldn't leave you in the street!" He sighed at me.

"You could have took me home?" I retorted with my hand on my hip.

"That would go down well wouldn't it. Introducing me as the guy who tried to rape you, wait they probably already know don't they" He snarled at me.

"Look, that was before I knew who you were!" 

"I'm trying to save your life and everyone else to be honest okay! Just try and let me help." Aidan gently smiled at me, I mean he did have point, he was putting his life on the line just save me and everyone from my monster of a father.

"You're right, I'm sorry"  I smiled back.

"Aidan who is this?" I heard a soft voice from behind Aidan. He turned around quickly, I think this girl was Aidan's ex-girlfriend.

"Lottie! This is Diana, you know that guy I'm working for?" Aidan trailed off, obviously getting nervous talking about his profession.

"How could I forgot?" She laughed humorlessly.

Aidan stepped to the side to and gestured his hands towards me, I was in shock of this girl infront of me.

"Well this is his daughter" He said with jazz hands and added with a chuckle.

"Hi I'm Diana" I held out my hand for her to shake, he hesitated at first before shaking my hand.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what exactly are you doing here?" She sweetly smiled at me, I could tell why Aidan liked her, she was beautiful. She had pale blonde hair, much like mine and this tiny figure that suited her very well, her skin was sun kissed, she was like breathtakingly beautiful. Her nose ring suited her much more than my snake bites did. Her pale blue eyes were so prominent,  I always get faced with beautiful girls that make my self esteem drop so low.