Chapter 3

I looked up to see a boy of hazel eyes, he was pale with longish black hair. His jawline was sharp and he held this slight smile which even though was small lighted up my whole morning. He offered me his hand since I was now on the pavement floor, I hesitantly grabbed it as he pulled me up from the cold floor. To say it was awkward would be an understatement.

"It's okay, happens to the best of us." I laughed, I was incredibly nervous as I didn't really do well in public confrontations.

He gave me this cheeky grin, Diana would have probably blushed and ran away but I'm not Diana any more, as cheesy as that sounds. I just wasn't that girl anymore.

"So what's your name blue?" I froze, I didn't have a name. I was panicking I didn't know what to do.

"Arabella." I choked.

I liked the name Arabella. It seemed sweet but fierce. That's who I want to be, sweet and fierce.
No one would recognise me, in high school I wasn't unnoticed but I was noticed for the wrong reasons. I was severely bullied, not like name calling and shoving I mean I would walk out of school and they'd be waiting there to beat me to pulp and throw me into the same ditch. My mom always knew I was there and she came to get at the same time everyday and cleaned my wounds before my 'dad' saw me. I'll always thank her for that.

"Arabella." He repeated seeming happy of what he just heard.

"A-r-a-be-llllll-ah." He was still fascinated by my 'name'

I just laughed at his childishness. It was cute the way he was so fascinated with a name, he looked up at me with the same cheeky grin I received before. I took this moment to take in his appearance. He had shaggy raven black hair, a pointed face, a beautiful pair of hazel eyes and was wearing worn out black skinny jeans with a misfit tee. He looked quite cute, but I can't jump to conclusions we have only just met and this will probably be the last time we meet.

"Were you checking me out?" He smirked. I laughed trying to cover the slight pink tinge that flamed my cheeks.

"Yeah, sure I was." I replied with sarcasm dripping in my tone.

"Mhm, but we only just met." He winked, he was surprisingly cocky as he looked quite nerdy to me as if he wasn't capable of being so confident.

"I don't even know your name." I admitted, I really wanted to get to know this guy he seemed like a great friend. Someone I could rely on.

"Why didn't you ask then Bluey?" He flicked his hair across his eyes, looking like some goth which made chuckle slightly.

"What's your name?" I asked with an eye roll.

"Ah, Gerard."

"G-e-re-ah-rrrr-duh." I mimicked.

He gave me a playful glare, which much to his despair didn't look threatening at all.

"Shall we get coffee?" Gerard questioned looking directly into my eyes looking for an answer.

"I guess, but I kinda need to get things done" I looked down to my feet. I didn't want to turn him down I just don't want to get him in any danger, I bet my dad has his 'friends' looking for me, they wouldn't rest until I was found and brought back. I've ran away once before and was living on the border of Pennsylvania, I was just sleeping on the streets until I was snatched, I woke up with bruises and a pounding headache. To see the very familiar walls of my bedroom.

His face fell and he sighed. I bet he's never been rejected before which made me smirk.

"So I'll see you around, Gerard." I whispered into his ear and sauntered off down the street leaving him in confusion.

I could get used to this.

*A/N* is it getting worse? I think my writing is getting worse omg I need help😂