Chapter 2

I walked the streets of Belleville, I was alone and cold, but then I realised how fast the sun was setting..

Night.

There's things you should avoid at night, monsters come out at night, they take a form as people. Diana would be scared but this new person I'm developing isn't. I haven't thought about who I am, all I know is that I'm new.

I was thinking about possible names and backgrounds as I aimlessly wandered around the area, when I came across a small deserted park. I could sleep under the slide. I'd be safe right?

I pushed open the rusty gate and cringed as it squeaked so loud, I slowly walked towards the kids playground and crawled under the slide. The stench was far from pleasant but it was adjustable. I laid my head onto my bag and closed my eyes, I didn't realise how tired I really was until I got comfortable.

I dreamt about my past, I dreamt about what I though I escaped, but I can't ever escape because it will haunt me forever.

I limped my way to the front door, I could hear muffled shouts from the drive.

"Useless piece of shit, good for nothing whore" I heard my drunk father bellow.

I shakily opened the front door, my face went pale as I saw the monster of my dad beating my mother to death.

I took a deep breath and used all the courage I had, which isn't a lot.

"Stop! You're killing her!" I shouted but my voice broke in fear.

His clenched jawed face turned my way, I backed away in fear. I knew what was coming next it's happened too many times in real life.

"What did you just say to me?" He screeched.

I backed even further away, from this monster of man who I once called my father. He didn't deserve the title father, heck he didn't even deserve the title man. He was a waste of perfectly good air and I hated him.

"I-I said you're k-killing her" I whimpered.

After I said that he took one last swig out of his bottle then his beer bottle a smashed it at my head.

I woke up on a concrete floor, I instantly panicked. Then all the memories sank into my head. I was in New Jersey and I'm safe. I tried to sit up but instantly regretted it the pain from sleeping on a hard floor shot through my muscles. I groaned in pain and crawled from underneath the slide. The sun was rising so I should probably go for a walk and find a place to live.

I dusted my self off and exited the kids park, you get some funny looks when your officially homeless, but why should I put my self esteem in the hands of strangers?
I'm not that girl anymore.

I walked around getting lost in my own thoughts when I walked into something or someone.

"Shit, I'm so sorry"

*A/N* this is all so shit. I'm so sorry, it's really bad I need like writing lessons or something?