Chapter 4

Harvey's POV

The bell in the diner rings as I enter. Dianne sends me a grin before going back to wiping the tables.

I quiclky go to the back to the changing rooms. Once I wear my uniform I tie my green apron around my waist and tie my hair into a high pony tail.

"Hey James." I greet as I pass by him to go out front.

He grunts in response not once turning, paying more attention to the food he is currently cooking.

I make my way out front just as customers start to pile in. Dianne now stands as the cashier placing orders.

"Dianne, need any help?" I ask softly as she finishes with a customer's take out order.

"Yeah, yeah! You think you can finish cleaning the tables and check if any customer needs anything?-Hello! Welcome to..." Dianne sends a hurried grin before turning back to the customer.

Interacting with strangers was never really my favorite. Yes some of them are nice but others aren't so much. They're sometimes impatient to get their food order ready or others can't seem to wait at all. Rude comments are thrown but I usually like to ignore them and get out as fast as possible. The busier days are usually when these events happen.

After checking if any customer needs anything else I start cleaning the remainder of the tables.

The door bell rings signaling someone new arrived.

"Excuse me miss! I am so sorry, may I have more napkins!" A slender woman in her mid twenties winces as she dabs with a few napkins the water spill on her table.

I hurriedly grab my towel and a few other napkins. "I am so so sorry!-"

"Its fine Miss. Accidents happen." I answer quiet softly.

"Here let me help its my mess after all." The woman picks the wet napkins and throws then into a trash bin. I use the napkins I brought to wipe the last few wet remains.

"Again I'm so sorry for the trouble I caused." She smiles apologetically.

"Oh its fine, you wont believe how often this happens." I assure her, not wanting her to feel guilty for something so small.

"Really?" The woman stares doubtful.

"Yeah its no problem." I send her a smile.

"My names Harvey, if you need anything don't hesitate to call me over."

"Thank you Harvey." She smiles warmly.

I walk away from the scene and resume working. "Hello, is there anything you need sir?" I ask pulling out my notepad.

My eyes connect with mesmerizing dark ones. My breath gets stuck in my throat as I stare at his face.

He was a very handsome familiar man who might've as well been carved by God himself.

But it wasn't that that made me catch my breath but his eyes. They seemed so familiar- My mind instantly goes to yesterday.