Chapter 6

Harvey's POV

I nod uneasily avoiding his piercing gaze.

His whole body easily towered over mine making me feel pretty short. I was an average height for a woman but he made it seem otherwise.

"Well it was nice meeting you." I send him a tight smile sidestepping him.

As I walk down the aisle I can feel him following close behind. Agitation bubbles in my chest.

"What are you shopping for?" He asks quite close behind me.

"Groceries." I reply.

He hums still following along now beside me. "Why are you following me?"

"You seem in need of company." He stops as I stop to face him.

"I don't need company."

"Ok, Blue." I sigh turning away from him to continue walking. He follows beside me in silence as I look for my things.

"Whats your name?" I ask glancing at him to find he's already staring intently at me.
My cheeks warm up at the action and I stop to pretend I'm looking at something in the aisle.

Behind me he clears his throat and replies smoothly, "Drew. My name is Drew."

The name fit him. Drew was tall, rugged, and mysterious. Nobody could deny he was a sight to see either.

"Tell me Drew, who were those guys who were looking for you a few days ago?" I glance at him now that my cheeks cooled. The question floated in my conscious very much alive.

"Old friends." Drew stuffed his hands in his jean pockets.

I nod understanding from the vague answer it was an issue that was none of my business. I push all curious thoughts to the back of my head and continue looking for my groceries. We remain silent from there on. Both unsure on how to restart a conversation.

I clench and unclench my hold on the basket handle nervously. His presence was hard to ignore. He was a foot or so away from me and my body felt the need to be very aware of that fact.

I place a carton of eggs on the slightly heavy basket. Before I had a chance to tighten my hold on the basket that seemed to become heavier, its taken from my grasp.

"I'll hold it Blue." Warm fingers skimmed my cold clammy ones and take the basket.

"It's Harvey-" I correct him but he shrugs nonchalantly in response.

"-Thanks." I sigh at his lack of response. I pick up a tomato and examine it for any bruising or mushy part. Finding none I place it in a plastic see through bag along with a few other tomatoes.

Drew stands behind quietly glancing occasionally at what I do.

"How old are you?" He asks placing the bag in the basket as his dark eyes follow every movement.

"Uh 21 in a few weeks. And you?" I reply pursing my lips at the price of the bell peppers.

"24." My brows shoot upwards as he tells me his age.

"You're really 24?"

He hums in confirmation examining the oranges.

"Huh." I huff nodding. I really didn't know what to expect.

We make our way to the cashier line and we awkwardly wait behind a woman and her baby in silence.

The baby sat on the cart seat and blabbered happily, drool running down from its chin. He wiggled his feet releasing a babyish giggle and wiggled his little arms.

A small smile drifted to my lips at the sight. The baby continued to blabber effectively recieving much attention from both mother and cashier.

I glance at Drew only to find him looking at the baby stoically. My smile widens as I see the baby blabber louder staring directly at Drew who frowned.

I elbowed Drew lightly and he looked down to me the frown still present.

"Smile. The baby wants you to smile." He stares incrudescously. His eyes swiftly examine my expression before turning to the baby and pretended to smile.

The baby satisfied quited down and basked in the attention he recieved, drooling on his bib.

"Told you." I mumbled setting my groceries on the counter.

I paid for the groceries and left with them in hand, leaving behind Drew. It must've rained whilst I was in there because the streets were wet and puddles littered the floor.

"Hey!"

Jumping in alert I misplace my balance and slip. Before I feel my behind hit the cold wet floor thick arms wrap around my waist effectively stopping my fall.

"I got you." Warm breath tickled my neck area near my ear as he pulls me up.

I shift in the person's arms and turn to find the person who prevented my fall.

"Drew." It came as a breathy response. Drew held to my waist his breath coming out as evaporation.

"I'm sorry I spooked you Blue, are you ok." He whispered inches away from me. His dark eyes searched mine for something.

"I-I I'm fine." I place my hand on his chest gently pushing him away. He didn't move and I froze as he neared closer, never breaking eye contact.

He painstakingly slowly moved closer until his cheekbone lightly skimmed my hair. His lips dangerously close to my ear.

"You sure Blue." He whispered and then I felt it.

His hand was once more dangerously close to my butt. I pull away abruptly shaking off the dazed feeling and glare into those amused intense dark eyes.

"Don't you ever do that again! Ever or I swear I will castrate you!" I shove my index finger to his hard chest.

The man before me remained silent as laughter appeared behind those hooded eyes.

Huffing at his lack of response I walk away from him. Who did he think he was? He could not just grope someone just for the hell of it! I fumed my entire way back mumbling curses to the imbecile who almost groped me.

What was that back there?! Why did I freeze in his arms? I scowl remembering the events. Never again will I let that man near me!

Reaching the rundown parts of town I briskly walk to my house. Jiggling the door knob I realize its locked. I pat my front and back pockets for the house's keys. I feel a small lump on my back pocket. Shoving my hand in the pocket I pull out familiar crumpled dollar bills.

Confusion contorts on my face as I frown at the cash in my hand. How did this get here? I swear I paid.

"Drew." I whisper in realization.

He didn't want to touch me inappropriately. He wanted to hand me my money. He paid for my groceries.