Chapter 12

Drew's POV

Her cold slender fingers gripped my hand unsurely. I tighten my hold reassuringly as I lead her to the guest room.

Her hand in mine doesn't last much as she pulls it back making me stop in my steps. She shyly puts space between us and fists the sleeves of Vincent's hoodie. Her shoulders hunch as she stands firmly on the ground. Bright blue eyes stare into mine calling out for attention they deserve. My fingers itch to grab a hold of her cool slender hand. To feel her soft skin rub against my rough one.

Slow.

"It's nothing Blue, Vincent is just being Vincent." I refer to what she saw minutes ago. Vincent had told me the condition he found her in and I couldn't say I was happy about it. She was so careless when it came to herself.

"You sure?" She asks softly waving her fragile arms.

"I'm sure baby." The words slip out of my mouth igniting a feirce blush on her pale cheeks. My hand reaches for her fist and I pry her fingers open, joining our hands.

Her head ducks staring at our hands in interest. Blue's fingers wiggle ever so slightly before calming.

My lips quirk in a smile as she doesn't make a move to remove her tiny hand from mine. Pleasant warmth travels up my chest as I lead her to the guest room. I open the door and step inside, the soft patter of feet trailing behind me.

I focus my gaze at Blue as her eyes survey the room in wonder. "You can rest here." I interrupt her own little world.

"I- I'm not tired-" And as soon as those words left her mouth an adorable yawn escaped her mouth. Red flares on her already rosy cheeks as she ducks her head.

"I'm sure you're not." I tease rubbing her knuckles with my thumb. She shoots me daggers staying put.

"I'll let you rest now." The words left my lips but my body made no move to follow. Her glare slowly smoothed out but those eyes still held the fiery fire in them. Jerking her hand away from mine she stuffs it in one of the hoodie pockets. Blue glances away from my look around the room again.

The room was quite bare besides a few exceptions, like some weird ass paintings Vincent insisted brought life to the room.

"Sleep well." My hand grabbed a hold of the handle and I exited the room leaving Blue alone. Shuffling downstairs I stuff my fisted hands in my pockets. I already missed her tiny hand in mine.

"Isn't she a cutie!" Vincent appeared out of nowhere swinging his hand over my shoulders. "Fucker off." I shrug his arm off.

"C'mon Drew don't be an asshole." My fist itched to sock the daylights out of him but for the first time I couldn't bring myself to it. I pull out a stool and sit ignoring the gibberish.

"Little Blue has you wrapped around her little finger ain't she- Ow you little fucker!" Vincent rubbed the back of his head pouting.

"Can't you shut it for once?" I growl annoyed. "Nope, its my job as your bestie to tease the living shit out of you." He replied with out a pause.

Grunting in reply I enjoy the few seconds of silence before Vincent opens his trap. "You really like her don't you?"

An emotion I spent years masking slowly crept out of the shadows in the back of my mind.

Guilt.

I don't answer immediately. However without any consultation my mind prances on the memory of first meeting her. She stood in all her gloomy glory in the homey diner with her notepad and pen. Her back faced me but as soon as the bell rang above my head when I entered the café she turned. Her cheeks were flushed, a vivid contrast to her pale complexion. Two pools of bright, blue eyes left me breathless. Now recalling it could've been the endless sprint that amplified my tired reaction. Her tender wrist had my fingers wrapped around. She wasn't afraid, but weary and curious.

The second time I found her looking for me. Those blue eyes full of utter determination. When I had her close so to me once more, wrapped in my arms, she stayed frozen staring awestruck. As my fingers trailed lower than I admittingly knew they shouldn't have, she seemed to wake up from the spell. The fiery little thing shoved me off and nearly chucked my head off with her small threats.

She was cute and intriguing in the most intricate way. She was bait.

The moment I latched my hand on her fragile wrist and whispered meaningless words, she became part of the game.

Harvey. It wasn't unheard of but not really common. Harvey.

She was so easily embarrassed, so bashful yet stubborn. It was endearing.

It was probably why I always found myself loitering carelessly across the dingy diner. Why I thought playing a mouse would be more suitable.

With each encounter I found myself warming up to the idea of her presence. I knew their was an attraction. How could I not be fancied by the idea of the alluring brunette with pretty, blue eyes? But how far was I willing to go? How deep was I willing to submerge myself into those endless pools of cold water.

It didn't take much depth.

It felt wrong. Pursuing her felt like I was commiting a terrible sin. A shameful act. But I was never shy when it came to them. Why start now?

I was under her spell and I couldn't get out. Hell, I don't think I want to.

However it didn't mean I should be feeling good doing it. Right?

"You have no idea." I heard my voice before I realized the words had left my mouth.

Vincent stayed quiet shuffling to the fridge pulling out a beer motioning if I wanted one. Shaking my head no I lean forwards on the kitchen counter trying to wrap my head around Blue.

We stayed in silence as Vincent occasionally commented stupid things but my thoughts would always go back to her, and I did not mind. Not as much as before.

Soft patter of feet approached closer and I visibly perked up. Vincent immediately noticing did not waste time before opening his big mouth. "You lovesick bastard-" He stopped short when I kicked his shin.

A small sneeze had me swirl around alert. Her small form drowned in the hoodie and made it nearly impossible to not subtly give her a once over. She looked tantalizing in men's wear, but I couldn't help but believe she would be downright delectable in my own. Blue trudged closer crossing her arms standing a few inches away from me now. Unaware of the closeness she rubbed her eyes tiredly with her knuckles.

My hand tentatively reached out to touch her cheek and her eyes narrowed on my hand but made no movement to move back. My fingers touched her warm skin and she rested closer to my palm. Blue was warmer than she should have and as I moved my hand from her cheek to her slender neck.  She softly moaned tilting her neck away from my cold digits.

"You're sick."