Chapter 5

Drew (up top)

Harvey

"Ugh!" The loud painful groan reached my ears again. And another crash was heard soon right after.

I try to calm my hyperactive heart before the next crash. Worry clouds my thoughts as I try to imagine what's going on down the hall. He may not be the ideal father or a grammy worthy one, but he was still my blood. There was still that little family love for him.

I sigh exasperated as I shake away my conflicting thoughts. Pushing myself off the bed my bare feet touch the cold wooden planks. Standing up right I timidly walk towards my door.

The crashes get louder and the frustrsted groans. I close the door behind me. I left my safehaven. My padded footsteps sound only to me as I get nearer to his door.

I prepare myself to open the door but it swings open just as I reach for the handle.

"She left, s-she left me..." The pungent smell of cheap vodka burns my nostrils. He staggers close making a move to grab me. I duck under his arms panicking as he eventually grabs my forearm.

I shouldn't have been so stupid! You should've ignored it like other nights!

I mentally curse at my own stupidity as helplessly try to pull my arm away from his harsh hold.

"L-let me go dad." I finally glance into his eyes to appear to be confident but it backfires.

His eyes were dark blackholes. All the light was drained from them. No soft emotion but bitter anger and crippling sadness.

"I just don't understand! I was a loving father and husband! Why did she leave! Why did they leave!" He slurred stumbling upon his own two feet. He shoves me deeper in his room.

"I-I don't know dad." I flinch fighting back the tears as he nears my shaking body.

"They left! They left me!" He shouted suddenly reaching me and grabbing my hair, pulling me up.

"Let me g-go. Dad you're hurting me. Please let go." I whimper as his hand clenches tighter.

"She left me. But you're not going to leave me. You are not going to leave me! You understand!" His brown dark souless eyes stare dead at mine.

I should've stayed in my room to avoid all this. I should've ignored the groans of pain. I should've been ignorant. Now I pay the price of my stupidity.

"Answer me!" He growled puffing a breath out that stank of pure alcohal.

"I wont leave." I gasp as he shoves me harshly to the wall where my head collides leaving me dizzy.

"Your lying!" He raises his fist.

"I-I'm not! I swear-" his fist collides with the corner of my lips.

"She said she wouldn't leave! And she left! You are a fucking lier! You're just like her!" He raises his fist again. A metalic flavor fills my mouth and my bottom lip burns. He grabs my forearm forcefully and pulls me back up.

I'm more than disoriented when he shoves me out of his room. He slams his door and there's a clicking sound after. The shouts and the sound of things breaking continue as if it was just paused before.

I use the wall for support as my head throbs and everything seems to be spinning.
I choke back on my own breath as everytime I seem to blink my eyelids seem heavier.