Chapter 9

Harvey's POV

Harvey's POV

"I don't know Dianna." I scrub the dishes clean.

"Come on Harvs, it'll be just Ruben, Aaron, and myself. No one else." She pleaded clasping her hands together.

"I feel like I'll be intruding-"

"You won't! You're basically family." I rinse my hands my mind going through multiple possibilities.

"Ok, I'll go." I agreed flinching as hands wrap around me tightly in surprise.

"Great! I'll call you to go over the details."

I nod smiling at how bright her smile is. She's been trying to get me to agree to a barbacue she's hosting at her house. Day after day its been the same response with the same subtle guilt eating me alive, until today that is.

It's been a few weeks also since the Vincent and Drew incident or more like event. Since that day Drew has been coming daily sometimes with Vincent but that was rarely. He still sometimes left his stupid little notes that made me feel weird.

"Lover boy is here." Dianna returns from being upfront and bumps my hip.

"Dianna-"

"Yeah, yeah! Go serve him I've got you covered here." She smiles warmly her eyes twinkling.

Begrudgingly I listen and open the kitchen door. I take the notepad from the counter and make my way to the figure sitting in a booth.

"Hey Drew." I hum as he turns his head to look at me.

"Hey Baby Blue." Drew smiles staring at me with those mesmerizing eyes of his. I ignore the rush of warmth that splashed on my cheeks. A small strand escapes the clutches of my elastic band and I pull it behind my ear. His eyes followed my every movement making me nervous.

"What would you like to order?" I state with out stuttering.

He continues to stare at me making me uncomfortable. What did he see? Drew leans forward resting his elbows on the table never once breaking contact. His shirt constricts tighter around his muscels as he does those movements. He clasps his hands together loosely his shoulders moving back.

"What would you pick?" His smooth deep voice brings me out of the enchantment.

"Huh?" I choke out as his lips quirk into a smirk.

"What would you pick, Blue."

I nervously twirl the pen in my fingers thinking. My mind goes into a panic state as I go over the simple question. Many customers asked the same thing yet nothing like this haplened to me. What makes Drew so special?