Chapter 15

📌Quick question!📌
Shorter chapters and sooner updates OR longer chapters and later updates.

H A R V E Y

"I'll go."

His brows furrowed but he nods. "If you do not feel comfortable tell me." He gives me a serious look. "I'll be fine Drew, thank you for inviting me and being here. I know I haven't been the best person since we met and I- I thank you for your patience." I blush surprising both him and I with my speech.

"I'll be here for you Blue." His smile brought out one of my own. The journey to the apartment door was less of a hassle now that my emotions seem to be on the lower tide. Once Drew opened the door loud laughter rang inside. Drew winced inviting me in closing the door behind him. "They're not usually this rowdy, they must've had a few drinks, excuse them." He whispered closely placing a palm on my lower back. I clench my fists digging my nails into my palms.

A shudder raked through my body. "Are you cold?" His eyes glanced down at my attire. "Uh no-no." I cleared my throat ducking my head. Drew seems as if he wants to pry but asks nothing more. He nods from the corner of my eye and begins leading me to the kitchen. Nothing has changed in the apartment but it looks to be more furnished. "Drew-Drew! I thought you you left for good instead of picking groceries, you bastard." A tall huge man roared holding a beer bottle. The man was packed with muscles and gave off an intimidating feeling. His smirk grew as his eyes landed on me, "You were busy, aye?"

"Fuck off Grant." Drew swore nearing closer to me. "You know I have Lydia for that man." Grant takes a swig of his beer closing in on us.

"Who might this beauty be?" His palm on my lower back slowly curved loosely around my waist. "Her name is Harvey, she's a friend of mine." Grant nods and extends his arm. "Name's Grant, cutie." I tentatively shake his hand. "Er hello-" I smile politely.

Footsteps from the kitchen make my head whip sideways. Vincent arrives with a woman right behind him. "Blue! You're here!" He pulls me out of Drew's arms to give me a quick hug. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good Vincent, thank you for asking." I smile softly avoiding everyone's gaze. "Great, you're staying for dinner right?" Vincent grinned. It's then when I notice he is wearing an apron. I glanced back at Drew who had his face void of emotion looking at me two. Fidgeting with my blouse sleeve I nod, "Yeah I will stay, if it's alright-" Vincent woops in between my sure rant and Grant clinks his bear with the woman.

The woman was tall and held curves in all the right places. She had high cheekbones and full arrow shaped lips. The tan woman glowed.

"Hello, nice to meet you, I am Lydia." She walked infront of Grant who was beside Vincent. Lydia extended her hand to greet me. "Likewise, I'm Harvey." I shake her hand. "Well I'm off to cook." Vincent grabs the bag Drew set on the coffee table a while ago. Drew's arm around my waist tightened comfortingly as if sensing my rising nerves.

Lydia sent me a warm smile before speaking. "Why Harvey why won't you take a seat? How rude of us, sit will you." Her bright smile never dimming. Drew led me to the couch where we both sat. His arm around my waist now was behind my head, on the couch boarder. "So tell us about yourself, Harvey."

"There's nothing much about me really." I spoke meekly. "There's always something, don't be shy."

"Well, I work at a café not too far off from here." I shrug feeling slightly overwhelmed with there stares. "She's also taking courses in college." My back rumbles along with Drew's chest. I glance up at Drew and divert my gaze to my lap. "Oh! What are you studying?"

My face warms as there is a sudden change in the air. The air no longer felt as constricting and awkward. "Psychology." Lydia's hazel eyes widened. "Are you enjoying the courses? I was never one for the sciences."

"Yeah they're fine." I smile as she whistles lowly. Grant takes a sip of his beer before asking the following, "So, how did Drew here-- meet you?" He glances between us, a wolfish grin on his mouth.

"Through the café. I walked in and met her." Drew answered avoiding detail. I lean backwards biting my lip. Lydia grinned and amicably started conversing with Drew and Grant. I really paid no attention to their discussion as my thoughts were clouded.

Who were they? Who were the men following Drew? Is he in some type of trouble?

I glance swiftly over Grant and Lydia. They seemed like decent people. Vincent, aswell, did not have alarming characteristics. My mind ran wildly trying to make sense of things. A warm hand clasps on my shoulder bringing me back from my thoughts. "You ok."

His voice had dropped an octave as he stood so near. "Yeah, just lost in though." I send him a tight smile. Looking around I noticed Lydia and Grant left. "Alright, dinner's ready." We both stand and head in the kitchen where Grant's hollering is heard.

Dinner was uneventful and rather delightful. Jokes were shared and light airy conversations plagued the dinning atmosphere.

Glancing over to Drew I find him already staring. Instead of ducking or parting his look he grins and gently interwines our hands between us. My heart screeches to a stop and my cheeks light up. There it goes again. My traitorous body reacting to his simple endearing actions.