Chapter 8

Vincent

Harvey's POV

Drew swivels his gaze to face his friend. He attempts to answer but is cut off by me.

"There is nothing to miss, now may I take your orders."

The stranger leans back smirking in amusement. "I'll have your special and a coffee."

I write down his order and glance at Drew to find him already staring at me openly. "Your order, Drew?" I wait expectantly.

"Just a coffee Blue." I nod turning away from them to the back counter.

"Isn't he the man from a few days ago? Is he bothering you Harvs? You seemed upset when you where there." I jump in surprise as Dianna appears out of nowhere. Her gaze was set in a hard glare directed to Drew's table. "If you want I could give them their order?"

"No he isn't bothering me, its fine. It's nothing I can't take care of." I give her a reassuring smile.

"You sure?"

"Yeah don't worry." I nod preparing both coffees.

"Alright I believe you. Call if you need anything." Dianna nodded glancing at the table. I carry both steaming mugs carefully to their table setting Drew's companion's mug first receiving a quick 'thanks'. Before I can set down Drew's mug his warm rough hands skim mine as he gently takes the mug from my grasp.

"Thank you Baby Blue." My cheeks grow warm and red from the new pet name.

"Drew my name is Harvey."

"Sure Baby Blue." I huff in annoyance as my cheeks continue to betray me.

"The sexual tension is sickening. Please continue after I'm not here." My cheeks heat up considerably as the cheeky man pretends to be disgusted. Drew's lips form into a small smirk as his eyes lighten with amusement.

"I'll leave to get your order." As soon as those words left my mouth I briskly walk away. Once I'm in the kitchen where no other person can see me, and by that I mean Drew and his friend, I release a small embarassed groan.

I rub both my cheeks trying to cool them off. My mind keeps replaying the words said and it makes it almost impossible to let my cheeks turn into their natural color. Everytime I though about those words my cheeks flared.

"Stupid brain."

"The order is ready Harvey." James grunts placing the plateful of food on the counter.

"Thanks James."

James nods going back to work never once glancing back.

I sigh tiredly already feeling anxiety claw on my chest.

"Here's your order." I mumble avoiding the heated stare I recieved from Drew.

"Thank you Blu- Drew! You fucker!" He shoots daggers at Drew playfully pouting. I force myself not to flinch at the curse. Drew scoffs crossing his arms, a small frown adorning on his lips.

"Her name is Harvey, Vincent." My eyes shoot upwards in surprise. This was the second time he ever addressed me by my actual name.

The Vincent man rolls his eyes completely ignoring the tone Drew said it in. "Whatever man, thanks Harvey."

Drew continues to frown and stares at Vincent as if he was scolding a child. "Excuse me." I nod walking away from the tension filled area.

Minutes pass and I continue working. I take orders and pass them out like usual but today was kind of different from other days. I felt a pair of eyes follow my movement and everytime I lifted my gaze everybody was talking amongst eachother.

Soon enough I realize Drew and Vincent left and I hurry to their table. My eyes wander on the objects at the table looking for something.

Strange emotions settle in my chest as I realize Drew didn't leave a note today. I furrow my brows frowning. What is wrong with me? I pick up the mugs and take them to the back.

The rest of my shift flys by and its finally time for me to go home.

"I'll see you tomorrow Dianna." I send her a smile as she waves cheerfully back.

"See you tomorrow Harvs!" I open the diner's door and walk out. The trip home wasn't eventful as other nights which was completely fine with me.

Reaching my driveway I notice my dad's car is gone. Relief floods my system as I walk up the steps digging for my keys in my front pocket. Small puffs of air left my mouth as I jiggled the doorknob open.

Placing my keys on the kitchen counter I notice envelopes. The bills came. I grab a chair and with a sigh I open the dreadful envelopes.

"This is more than last month." I run my fingers through my hair as I read the note in the bottom.

"...statement increase by 1.5% monthly until March 1st of 2018-" I stop reading closing my eyes putting the paper down slumping on my chair.

"Great, just great." I resist the urge to pull my hair in exasperation. Stuffing the paper back in its envelope I choose to open the rest tomorrow. There's already many stressful nights I have to endure, why add more wood to the fire.

I trudge upstairs gripping to the railing as I barely start to notice how tired I actually am. As soon as I reach my bed I don't bother to change out of my clothes. I flop on my bed hugging my pillow stuffing my face on it.

A muffled groan escapes my mouth as my tired muscles soon start to relax. No longer than a few minutes later I start to close off from the real world. That night I lost conscious faster than other times. My mind does not wander but shuts off. And for once it wasn't because my head was slammed against a wall.