🏐 FORTY TWO 🏐

"How exactly did this happen?" Yusei deadpanned across the table as Oikawa, Kyoutani, Iwaizumi, Makki and Mattsun sat down along with her parents

"Don't ask me," Kyoutani grumbled.

"I invited them over," Kana, Yusei's mother, smiled warmly from beside her.

"Exactly, why?" She turned to face her mother with a confused smile on her face, causing the woman to giggle.

"Because we have yet to meet your team," Her father butted in, making her eyelids flutter as she rolled her eyes beneath them.

"It's very nice to meet you, Udai-san," Oikawa was the first to interrupt the family conversation, smiling brightly. Kana returned the look.

"The same to you, Oikawa-kun. You're the captain, right?"

"And setter, yes," He made sure to add, nodding.

"And a pain in the ass."

"And a conniving jerk."

"Guys," Iwaizumi glared at Mattsun and Makki, his eyes telling them to behave before he turned his attention to the two adults. "I'm really sorry about that."

"It's no problem, actually it's quite amusing," Kana giggled with a hand over her mouth. "Don't worry about that stuff, act freely. After all, we want to get to know you."

"Yeah," Yusei could already tell that her dad approved of Iwaizumi from the way he was nodding towards him, making her groan.

"Can we eat yet?"

"Oh yes," They all put their hands together. "Thanks for the food."

Dinner turned out very lively, the discussion mostly based on volleyball and how all of them had known Yusei and how they thought they'd be able to do at the spring nationals.

The meal finished fairly quickly, and so the Udai's saw off their guests. "See you in a few Maddog," Yusei said as he was putting on his shoes.

"Yeah, be right back," He replied.

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean?" Oikawa butted in, "Why's he coming back?"

"We go for morning and evening jogs together," Yusei explained vaguely, causing the other four to frown.

"Wait, on top of the training we do at school, you're jogging in the morning and evening? How far?" Makki asked, to which Yusei told them the relative distance.

"Can I join you?" Iwaizumi petitioned, drawing their attention. "Oikawa and I run on off days, but I don't mind going every day."

"I wouldn't mind either," The brunette setter added, smiling. Yusei glanced at Kyoutani, who shrugged, so she nodded in return.

"Alright, so both morning and evenings or just one?" She asked, wanting to clarify.

"Probably just evenings for now, since we don't know when you get up," Iwaizumi replied, Oikawa showing he agreed a second later.