🏐 TWENTY THREE 🏐

"Dude, you were like zoom! Pow! Boom! Zowy! So awesome!" Sorey praised Yusei as the team headed towards the convenience store

"You were pretty good out there too Sorey-kun." Yusei returned the compliment, making the first year look away bashfully.

"It was nothing!" He said, making Mikleo and Yusei roll their eyes. "Sorry I couldn't stop more of Jiga's spikes though.." Sorry looked down.

"It's not your fault, I'm just too good." Jiga suddenly appeared, making Sorey jump slightly while the other two seed unaffected. "I still don't see why you're the demon king, Yusei! All I saw was that you're good at jumping."

"It's probably because he's such a good ace, and to be honest you're kind of intimidating." Mikleo told them, making Yusei raise an eyebrow.

"He used to be so much more intimidating! I nearly peed my pants the first time we met, it was insane!" Karaoke joined them. Yusei snickered, remembering.

"Those were good times. Should I bring them back?"

"You'd sure piss opponents off if you did, but it's been kind of nice not having to deal with your insults." Nishioka muttered, causing her to look over at him with a frown.

"More work for you trying to contain me and demon prince over there."

"Huh?"

"Jiga, I now pronounce you demon prince." Yusei said, "Since you're a cocky motherfucker who wants to overcome me, it makes sense. You're not there yet, so you will only be a prince until you can take my crown." She smirked, her chin up.

The second and third years noticed this. "So, demon king Yusei is returning to his former glory?" Akagi laughed, slapping her on the back. "I can't wait!"

"Yeah, even if you were a pain in the ass, you still knew exactly who to pick on to bring any team down." Ozaki joined in.

"And now that I'm here, I can bring even more heat." Jiga smirked, neither of the demons having broken eye contact.

"That's right. Get ready, we have two months until interhigh prelims start," Nishioka told them, his own lips curling upwards as the team suddenly began radiating dark aura. A few passersby looked scared as they quickened their stride.

"And we are going to kick ass."

~•~

"Udai-kun!" Kuroo waved as he jogged out to meet the female. She smirked at him.

"What up Tetsurō-kun?"

"Ah so our little demon's back huh? Miss ya buddy!" He ruffled her hair, so she swatted him with a laugh.

"Haha, yeah I'm back. Apologies for leaving, you must have a fair understanding of as to why unless you're as stupid as your hair looks."

"Hey! That hair comment was unnecessary!" Kurro snapped, scrunching his face annoyedly at her while she just looked smug.