🏐 SEVEN 🏐

It was 3-2 when Yusei rotated to the front, her gaze sharp as she held her hands out in the ready. Ubugawa visibly gulped, they were hoping to gain more of a lead before the main predator arrived on the front line.

Nishioka showed a signal to his hitters, who nodded. Then the whistle was blown, signalling serve.

Arakawa did his jump top spin, which Ubugawa got up. It was a bit shaky so their libero sent it to their outside, who tipped it. Nishioka got the tip, yelling "setter out! ARAKAWA!"

"Hai hai~" The ace replied, running in to get the ball. "Udai-kun!" He set it to the first year, nice and high.

She smirked.

Doing her approach, she met the ball midair and slammed it on the sideline. "YEAHHHHHH!" Her teammates cheered, running to her in glee.

Tenma's eyes widened from the stands. He knew he was out of touch with his sister, but he never realized how much he had missed..

Yusei was grinning and laughing with her teammates as they went back to their positions, focusing again. Arakawa served again, this time Ubugawa getting the point by blasting it off the block.

"Ha, cheap trick. Scared you'll get shut down, what a whimp!" Yusei snickered, making the Ubugawa spikers growl.

He hadn't been that provocative during training camp, they thought as they glared at Yusei. She smirked back, not in the least bit intimidated. "Oh how scary~"

It was 4-4 when they got the point back, making it 5-4. Kentaro rotated in, slapping hands with Akagi as he left the court. With this new arrival, Nishi let out a soft smirk before showing the spikers a signal.

It was one that they hadn't used in training camp because it was their secret weapon. With the perfect ace, they make just as good of a decoy. Not only that, the three on the front line were the strongest on the team besides Arakawa. Tajima took up the right side while Kentaro and Yusei smirked at each other, almost challengingly as they got into position.

It was Yakoya's serve, so as soon as the whistle was blown he served it over. As soon as it was set, Ubugawa's setter knew he had messed up. Yusei smirked as she jumped to block with Kentaro, the two absolutely shutting down the right side.

"Haha man that set sucked! Not even I could have save that one, ha!" Yusei laughed, making the other setter squeeze his hands into fists. The female smirked.

"Dude you are so mean! How are you that fucking mean?!" Tajima demanded, and she just shrugged.

"It's a gift." Yusei stuck her tongue out.

Yakoya served again, this time Ubugawa sending it for a middle quick. Kentaro got a one touch, which Arakawa managed to retrieve.

Nishioka didn't need to look at his spikers to know that they were already in motion. Ubugawa's eyes widened, what the hell?!

Kentaro was going around for an outside, Tajima was going for a middle, and Yusei went for a right side. All at first tempo.

"Yeeeaaaah baby!" Tajima grinned widely as he hit it with barely a block there, getting the point.

"Nice one!!!" The bench yelled, clapping and cheering as the team celebrated. Ubugawa glared, they were sure it was going to go to Yusei, but it didn't.

Nishioka exchanged a smile with Yusei as they high fived. "That timing was spot on, good job there Yoshi-kun." She told him, making him beam.

"Thank you! You did a great job distracting them!" He returned. "Keep up the good work!"

Several points later, it was 17-10 when Yusei went back to serve. "This is where you die." She muttered, her eyes hard as she stared her opponents down.

She threw the ball up right as the ref signalled serve, jumping up and hitting it hard. Slamming against the other end of the court, Ubugawa watched in horror as it bounced off of the end line and the line judges called it in.

"AAAAAACCE!" The team cheered, Yusei not losing her composure as she was sent the ball. Heading back to serve again, she did the same thing, only this time Ubugawa managed to get it up, barely. They had to send it over as a chance ball, so Akagi called it.

"Chance ball!" He yelled, receiving it and sending it to Nishi. The setter glanced at Kentaro both nodding as the captain went for a quick. Ubugawa jumped with him, but that was their mistake.

Yusei came up from behind, slamming the ball down center. Ubugawa's libero shanked it, making the score 19-10.

The next point, Yusei accidentally served it out. "Ah shoot, sorry guys." She apologized.

"Shake it off."

"Get the next one!"

"Don't worry about it."

Getting ready to receive, Yusei kept her eyes on the server's form and hand, where they were facing. It looked like they were going to be going for Tajima, which was probably the best one to go to besides the front row players.

He got it up, calling for Nishi. The setter sent it to Kentaro, and because of what had just happened with Yusei, Ubugawa barely got a hand on it.

They had to send it over as a chance ball though, which made it all the more exciting for Yusei as she received it.

Nishi set the ball to Arakawa, who hit a straight. The line judge called it out. "Ah, sorry!"

"It's okay, get the next one!" Nishi smiled at him, so the ace nodded. The next point Kentaro got blocked, making it 19-13.

"Go for a straight." Yusei muttered to Arakawa, who frowned but nodded anyway. Nishi saw the exchange, so assuming they had a plan, he set Arakawa after the receive.

The ace slammed the ball down the line, this time it being called in. "Yeah!" The bench and coach cheered as Arakawa and Yusei high fived.

It was twenty to thirteeen, five points to go and Anaguma would win the first set.

The last point was scored by Yusei, she had rotated back to the front and did a super sharp shot, making it 25-17.

The rest of the match went similarly, Ubugawa losing in straight sets. The teams thanked each other for the game and shook hands. "Good luck at Nationals." Gora, the captain of Ubugawa, told Yusei. She smirked.

"Thanks. I'll send the others your regards~" She threw up the peace sign before walking away in her normal pose with the rest of her team.

~•~

The rest of the teams they went against weren't as good as Ubugawa, so Anaguma won the rest fairly easily. "Taro-kun can I pleaaaase sit with Kado-"

"No."

"But you won't let me sleep on you!"

"You have the window seat, just sleep on the window."

"But its not comfortable! And the glass is cold!"

"Oh stop whining already."

"Come on Taro-kun let us sit together~"

"You have no say in this matter Tajima, you're just as bad as her."

"ExcUSE YOU?!"

"What a pain..."

"We're only a pain because you won't let us sit together!"

"If I do will you shut up?"

"Yes! I'll be asleep!"

"Fine."

"HEY BUDDY!"

"Shhh lemme sleep on you."

"So demanding~"

"What did I say about shutting up?"

"Shutting up!"

"I'm sleeping shut up."

"I'm being bullied!!! Cooooaaach!"

"Shut up back there!"

"Why are you all so meeeaaan?!"